X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      Very nice job sir. Did you just put a screw though the wood and into the back of the skull? Yours is a lot fancier that what I made for my desk at work. I just used some old fence pickets that I had laying around.
      When I got the skull back from the taxi it had a tab inserted already for hanging it. I do have a wood screw sticking out about 1/4". Alternatively, you can use a dowel that can go through the hole left where the spinal column comes out. Guessing it would be 3/8" or so. Maybe 1/2".

Comment

Well I got 72 hours of enjoyment. Knocked it off the table last night carrying in a cassarole dish in one hand, my dinner in the other, taking my flip flops off... had no hands, lost balance, knocked it off the table. Luckily, the skull remained basically perfectly intact. I noticed a tiny piece on the bottom near the sinuses was missing on one side. Never noticed if it was symmetrical before, so maybe nothing broke. No major damage.

The neck of the mount did get snapped into two pieces, however. Not a big deal, I have plenty of walnut if the dark-wood glue doesn't do a good job. It was hard to clamp last night.

Comment

Great job.

I made one like that once, just not nearly as nice.

But I hung mine on the wall with that angle so keep the skull mounted in a natural angle.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            I have a kid that I'm sure will tear it up in about a year and half!!! haha!
            Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Well I got 72 hours of enjoyment. Knocked it off the table last night carrying in a cassarole dish in one hand, my dinner in the other, taking my flip flops off... had no hands, lost balance, knocked it off the table. Luckily, the skull remained basically perfectly intact. I noticed a tiny piece on the bottom near the sinuses was missing on one side. Never noticed if it was symmetrical before, so maybe nothing broke. No major damage.

The neck of the mount did get snapped into two pieces, however. Not a big deal, I have plenty of walnut if the dark-wood glue doesn't do a good job. It was hard to clamp last night.
            Well, I guess we know where your kid gets it from!!

Comment

Yeah and then the skull fell off the bandsaw while I was in the shed fixing the mount an hour ago. Broke his nose. [emoji43]

Thank goodness for CA glue and activator. Patched him up and you can't really tell unless your really examining him.

And 100% fully agree. I am a klutz. I get it from my father.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ctom87; 07-15-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

that is nice.. congrats

Comment

Nice! Beautiful figure in that wood.

Comment

Working...
                  X