Covert Wireless Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    Got a buddy right now talking to them, he has a '17 and a spring on the battery compartment came off....

They said $175 to upgrade to a new covert, and they'd send him a spring for his cam and he can just keep it (it still works currently just doesn't have the battery life).
    Yes they been good to me like this! I love Covert. Have 5

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Hopefully they sent you the with setup with picture how-to....
      If not I am screwed. Snyper sent me one completely setup and ready to go. All I had to do was turn it on.

Comment

I did a chat with them yesterday and today to let them know the update sucks. I haven't updated but wanted to dogpile on them anyway!

On the web browser, the delete button doesn't work when viewing an individual pic. Also on the the browser, if you hit "select all" and then try to uncheck any of the pics it won't work. When you want to save a handful of pics out of a hundred, this would be really helpful.

Also one of my cameras won't download the HD pic. The Covert chat guy said it was because of the app. I'm not using the app. He said it was my firmware. All my cameras are running the same firmware and the rest work fine. He basically didn't know what's going on.

Comment

I played with the update yesterday and everything seemed to be running fine for me. real time pics were working. My dad pulled my cam from the field on Saturday because it was not taking pics. I put a different SD card in it and its working fine. I thought maybe the camera had inadvertently turned overwrite off (ive had this happen before) but it was still in overwrite, so only thing I can figure is the card went bad.

Comment

So when are they going to fix the signal strength in settings? It always shows 100% for me and I know I don't have that good of service. One of my cameras is down in a draw by a creek. You'd think they'd fix existing problems in an update... Isn't that the purpose of an update? lol.

Comment

Mine is still screwed up. Got 3 emails last night from Covert telling me they are working on all of the problems. Every time I touch my screen to go to a different function, my iPhone goes black and I have to turn it off and on again to get back to the Covert app.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                So when are they going to fix the signal strength in settings? It always shows 100% for me and I know I don't have that good of service. One of my cameras is down in a draw by a creek. You'd think they'd fix existing problems in an update... Isn't that the purpose of an update? lol.

With the new app mine is correct....or at least it is fluctuating now like my 3Gs did. No longer stuck on 100%. My 3 LTEs read 80, 80, and 90% at mid morning. Bet they are at 100% by now.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                  Mine is still screwed up. Got 3 emails last night from Covert telling me they are working on all of the problems. Every time I touch my screen to go to a different function, my iPhone goes black and I have to turn it off and on again to get back to the Covert app.

Have you deleted the app and reinstalled?

Comment

Have you deleted the app and reinstalled?
                    No sir. I'm assuming I should based off of your question. If I do, won't I loose all of my settings?

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      Mine shows 0% on a camera I put up saturday that had full bars (Tower next to our lease)

a camera that has been dead for weeks shows 20% battery and 40% signal

Comment

mine are fine

Comment

Red means it is close to full I'm assuming.. Looks like you have a couple of 16GB and 32GB cards. If you have it on overwrite it shouldn't be an issue. All mine are red on overwrite.
                          How do you set it to overwrite?

Comment

Now mine has stopped sending me notifications. I will randomly check it and I’ll have new pics, but it won’t notify me. Anybody else having this issue? I’ve already tried deleting and re-loading the app.

Comment

Click settings icon (gear) in top right

Click on General Settings

Toggle Overwrite to red

Hit save settings

Comment

Awesome! Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X