No announcement yet.

Wagyu beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was backpacking in Japan I paid a pretty penny for some A5 wagyu, highest quality there is... worth every penny. Never had a steak like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
      Leaner? Wagyu should have craploads of marbling. That being said, if you like it then keep buying it!
      Yeah, like I said, what do I know. There is some mableing in the meat but it’s sirloin so I don’t expect a bunch. Whatever they sell as wagyu is definitely better than regular sirloin from HEB. There is no chunks or large portions of fat in it.

Comment

Wagyu is hard to beat. I've had both steak and brisket and both were execellent

Comment

I got some akaushi (one of the 4 breeds of wagyu) ribeyes at Klein’s Smokehaus in Boerne. It was pretty much some of the best meat I have ever eaten. Absolutely phenomenal.

Comment

I've never even heard of it. But then again I only occasionally eat beef steak.

Gary

Comment

I have had a Wagyu ribeye and while it was outstanding, it is not something I would buy all the time.

Comment

I guess the question is where can I buy it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a rib eye guy. Cooked a couple of wagyu sirloin my wife picked up from Central Market and it was by far the best steak I've ever had/cooked!!

Excellent marbling and great taste.

I bet a wagyu brisket would be fit for a king...

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                    Both of the meat markets here in Stephenville typically carry wagyu sirloin. Im told by some it is not true wagyu beef but what do I know. I do know it definitely seems leaner, juicer, and more tender so I’ll keep buying it. The sirloin isn’t really that much more expensive. I like having the butcher cut it at 11/2-2” thick. I’ll smoke it at a low temp for an hour or so then sear it real quick resulting in a medium rare. It’s awesome!
                    Only a very tiny number of them have ever made it to the states and from my understanding, Japan does it's best to make sure none get exported. So any American Wagyu herd is going to be a cross. Basically Angus with some Wagyu DNA down the line. That doesn't mean they aren't delicious. That is just why some elitist say it isn't "true" Wagyu.
                    Last edited by Clay C; 07-29-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

HEB had a whole "Wagyu" brisket for sale this weekend. Prime was $4.99/lb, but the Wagyu was only $1/lb more @ $5.99/lb. I was pretty skeptical. I've had Kobe beef (a type of Wagyu) in Kobe, Japan and know what it costs. Not sure why this was nearly the same price as Prime. If it wasn't a nearly 23# brisket I might have pulled the trigger.

Comment

http://wagyuru.com/shop/ I work on this ranch raising full blood Wagyu steers for slaughter and female/male full bloods for sale. We strive in offering the best possible meat quality available.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrellv View Post
                          http://wagyuru.com/shop/ I work on this ranch raising full blood Wagyu steers for slaughter and female/male full bloods for sale. We strive in offering the best possible meat quality available.
                          Nice! Had no idea there were still full blood Wagyu being raised here, and so close to where I grew up! Will definitely be placing an order.

Comment

Did a blind taste test not too long ago. Bucees Ribeye, HEB Prime, Wagyu.

Bucees won, if you've never tried one of their steaks I highly recommend it.

That being said, had an A5 Ribeye two weeks ago, absolutely amazing, but extremely rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Nice! Had no idea there were still full blood Wagyu being raised here, and so close to where I grew up! Will definitely be placing an order.
                              Me either. I thought almost all of domestic offerings was wangus.

Comment

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
                                Did a blind taste test not too long ago. Bucees Ribeye, HEB Prime, Wagyu.

Bucees won, if you've never tried one of their steaks I highly recommend it.

That being said, had an A5 Ribeye two weeks ago, absolutely amazing, but extremely rich.
                                Those Bucees ribeyes are hard to beat. Certified Angus

Comment

Working...
                                X