Just got in the tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Well actually I finally had that 10 at 10 yards last week. Since I had not seen his for a few weeks I decided to head to my old reliable ladder stand. At 4:30 he came to the hand corn. I got ready to shoot but it was difficult due to the fact that there were 3 other bucks and a couple doe right there as well. I had a good 20 min to look him over close up for the first time and well, decided I'd let him go. He has a really good rack....130 at least but his body and face said he was young. I could not believe that after weeks of trying to get a shot I was letting him go. So, I decided id now focus on a big 8 I had passed a few times already and had not seen for a few weeks as well. About the time I decided id hope for the 8......he walks out at 30 yds. He is 30 or more pounds heavier than the 10, he has more mass than I originally thought and he is certainly older. I never did get a shot on him but I am headed back this Friday for a full weekend.
    I think it's cool that you had him at 10 yards and passed him. That takes focus and control!!

Good Luck this weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I've been there. If he survives and sticks around you will be glad you passed him.

Gary
      I think he will make it through this season. I saw him in the same home area last year so I think he hangs out in the middle of our lease. He will absolutely be a great buck next year and I hope to have some good ldp's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
        I think it's cool that you had him at 10 yards and passed him. That takes focus and control!!

Good Luck this weekend!!

It's crazy, 2-3 years ago I would not have considered passing him. I guess at 49 I've reached another level of hunter. In 30 years on my lease he is probably tied ( score ) for the biggest buck ive seen. But, hopefully, next year he will be the best I've ever seen

Comment

Nice buck

Huge congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck on the 8pt Kirby!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice

Comment

It seems like you had fun last month just by looking at your photos.

Comment

Originally posted by iammargarette View Post
                  It seems like you had fun last month just by looking at your photos.
                  Lots of fun....probably the most fun I've had in years. Last weekend was spent with my son and his gun. He's 10 and looking for his third deer. Saw some young 8's but none of the 10 or so rag horn culls I wanted him to shoot. But we had fun together hunting and camping. This weekend I cant get down there so it might not happen this year ( big buck ) but I hope to get another deer in the freezer before the end of the season.

Comment

nice job on the slick horn congrats

Comment

Finally back at it for a couple days. I'd love to get a shot at the big 8 but something tells me I better be satisfied with a doe if I get a shot.

Comment

Never pass up today what you would gladly shoot the last day . . .

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Never pass up today what you would gladly shoot the last day . . .

Gary
                          No doubt

Comment

agree

Comment

Working...
                            X