Winchester 94AE 30-30 value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester 94AE 30-30 value?

I’m not really a Winchester guy, but I’m becoming a “lever gun guy”. I have an opportunity to purchase this Model 94AE in 30-30, but have no idea how to accurately value it. Prices that I’m seeing online are all over the place. Just looking to make a fair deal for both parties. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With original box and paperwork, I'd say $800 or so. Looks to be in good shape, if no box, I'd say $600-700. I'm not a winchester expert, but more rare chamberings bring more, and other features like a saddle ring bring them up a little. Maybe a diehard lever gun guy will come along and provide you better info.

Comment

Originally posted by TexEnv View Post
      With original box and paperwork, I'd say $800 or so. Looks to be in good shape, if no box, I'd say $600-700. I'm not a winchester expert, but more rare chamberings bring more, and other features like a saddle ring bring them up a little. Maybe a diehard lever gun guy will come along and provide you better info.

Thanks.

Comment

I would buy it based on the serial # alone.Three 3's and three 1's.
        Anyhow. I do a bunch of gun shows and see these guns going in the $750+ range depending on condition.
        USA made Winchesters are a thing of the past.
        Ser# puts it at 1982.

Comment

Nice shape and handy you can easily mount a scope but it looks like one of the lower priced models. That serial number range makes it later manufacturer and the safety is a big draw back. Most Winchester guys won’t consider o e with a safety. Maybe a $575 gun.

Comment

Thank y’all for the input.

Comment

Inbox is full Sir

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                I would buy it based on the serial # alone.Three 3's and three 1's.
                Anyhow. I do a bunch of gun shows and see these guns going in the $750+ range depending on condition.
                USA made Winchesters are a thing of the past.
                Ser# puts it at 1982.
                http://www.savage99.com/winchester1894_dates.htm
                Thanks for the Link to the site. Serial # puts mine made in 1952! The year My Mom and Dad bought it for my Granddad for a Xmas Gift. I inherited it from my Granddad after he passed. Dad took my Granddad hunting the the next day after Xmas and Dad sat Granddad down in a small meadow and Dad went around and pushed a eight point down into the meadow. It was granddads first buck. Dad snatched up the rifle and put a notch in the Forearm stock and Granddad was livid. Dad was laughing the whole time. Granddad was furious! In 1963 Dad was killed in Vietnam. He and Granddad had become inseparable and were just best friends. Every year after my Dad died my Granddad would clean his rifle and notch it again after every buck he killed. It has 10 notches on it. Granddad died before he could put the last notch in it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Still Hunter; 12-01-2022, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                  Thanks for the Link to the site. Serial # puts mine made in 1952! The year My Mom and Dad bought it for my Granddad for a Xmas Gift. I inherited it from my Granddad after he passed. Dad took my Granddad hunting the the next day after Xmas and Dad sat Granddad down in a small meadow and Dad went around and pushed a eight point down into the meadow. It was granddads first buck. Dad snatched up the rifle and put a notch in the Forearm stock and Granddad was livid. Dad was laughing the whole time. Granddad was furious! In 1963 Dad was killed in Vietnam. He and Granddad had become inseparable and were just best friends. Every year after my Dad died my Granddad would clean his rifle and notch it again after every buck he killed. It has 10 notches on it. Granddad died before he could put the last notch in it.
                  Your welcome. That site has some great info. I love hearing stories like yours. There is something about the Lever gun romance. There are two in my safe that are notched up with kills. One Savage 99 and one Marlin 30AS

Comment

I would snag that one if possible

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I would snag that one if possible
                      I agree! Something special about an Old Lever Action!

Comment

Working...
                      X