New Oklahoma Lease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Oklahoma Lease!

I’ve been trying to find a place to lease for my family for quite awhile. My public land stuff in Kansas is just too much for young kids and the wife to enjoy. I was fortunate to come across a 1/2 section in Grant County that is just a few miles from Kansas.

I went up this weekend to check it out and put up a couple feeders, but after the rain it was too wet to get the buggy across the wheat. I managed to a couple cams out on some hand corn and I am excited to see what may pop up.

For you guys that have hunted this area, what style feeders worked best for you? I like the idea of gravity, but with the drive would think I would need times to save trips.

Also thinking about some semi permanent blinds for my almost seven year old to be able to hunt from with his crossbow. I have thought about the Redneck Soft side stuff for the timber or a hay bale type for the wheat/pasture ground. Open to recommendations on what’s worked well for you guys here?

I have neighbors that appear to have regular corn spinners out, so I’m thinking it might be helpful to feed some type of protein or mix bag of stuff?

The landowner seems like a great guy and has offered me use of the huge barn for storage. There is also power and water if I want to bring a camper. Even has wifi in the barn lol!

I managed to take a few pics I’ll share below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some more

Comment

Looks Awesome!

Tuned in and ready to see some LDPs

Comment

More lol

Comment

any issues with bears that far north?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            any issues with bears that far north?

No sir. Plenty of yotes and lots of bobcats!

Comment

Curious how you found your lease connection in OK?

Moving this month to OKC, been checking sources online but am guessing it's going to take some door knocking.

Thanks!

Comment

Congratulations! Looking forward to pics of the bucks responsible for those rubs.

Comment

Good looking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post

Moving this month to OKC, been checking sources online but am guessing it's going to take some door knocking.

Thanks!
                    I'm wondering this as well. Online sources don't produce much for me. There are places where you can bid on leases but most don't have accommodations, don't allow camping on the property, and are a good drive to the nearest motel.

I've heard of people scamming guys on craigslist by advertising a piece of vacant land, posing as the owner, collecting the money then vanishing. Real owner comes around and kicks the guys off. This was before OnX was commonplace.

OP, it sounds and looks like you found a honey hole! Congrats! Accommodating land owners are worth a lot!
                    Last edited by TexEnv; 11-29-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the lease

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter11 View Post

Thanks!

Honestly it was social media connections. Follow enough guys in the area that are known hunters.

Comment

That is a great area. Hopefully, the pheasants will come back.

Comment

We are west of you in woodward we have 1000# timed protein feeder (HB) and we run the all season stand and fills. It’s a lot of fun up there. Congrats on the new place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X