Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Weather/Rut

Food for thought;

Most or shall I say some including myself skip out on high wind, rainy cold days.

During the rut do you think it makes it easier for Bucks to locate does in smaller areas considering the doe is more than likely bedded? Instead of the buck having to do circles searching for a hot doe? Making it a superior time to hunt close or in a bedding area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally love him hunting bad weather. That’s all I’ve got. Haha

Comment

Last few days here have been drizzly, cool, and sometimes windy and the deer have been running all day every day. Supposed to really rain today, will see what they do today. I'm guessing they will lay up including the bucks.

Comment

Lots of big bucks get killed here in the North during snow storms! Just gotta be able to tough it out.

Comment

If you only had 2 weeks in a year to locate and have relations with a woman...

Would you care about the weather?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            Rut, Dark skies, cool weather light rain . . . I’m all in.
            Full day hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

Very sound logic!!!!

Comment

I killed a good Buck a couple weeks ago in some nasty weather. It was cold and raining hard most of the day. It slacked up at 2pm so I headed to the stand. I killed him while I was walking in. He was running back and forth like crazy trying to pick up a does scent after the rain. He ended up running right in front of me at 20 yards. I was done done hunting by 2:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Rut, Dark skies, cool weather light rain . . . I’m all in.
                  Full day hunting.
                  100%. That cold off and on rain overcast day is my all time favorite and absolutely sit all day in these type of conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                    X1,000,000
                    Rainy, misty, cold and windy days are the absolute best days to hunt!!! If the rut is rolling at the same time, then it’s twice as good

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

Well when you put it that way . I don’t care what the weather is like when I get to chasing

Comment

Been in the stand all day. Windburnt through my box blind window. Zero movement

Comment

Killed a HC bruiser this morning in the wet cold muck. Bucks were running nasty. Best weather to hunt in my opinion. GL

Comment

I really like the nasty drizzly cold weather for hunting as long as I am in a box blind, too old for the tree stand in this crappy weather.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              I really like the nasty drizzly cold weather for hunting as long as I am in a box blind, too old for the tree stand in this crappy weather.
                              Yep, Dad and I bought a couple of ranch king blinds this year. I don’t mind staying when it gets nasty now. I’m 39 and this is the first time I’ve ever hunted in anything other than a treestand. Add in a heater, and this is as good as it gets for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X