Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

Any lawyers here on the GS? Have some questions about work and being a disabled veteran.

I was a millwright but I moonlight as a **** house lawyer

Comment

You will get alot of non lawyer advise. Never seen where a real lawyer spoke up.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
        You will get alot of non lawyer advise. Never seen where a real lawyer spoke up.
        C’mon man, I used to watch LA Law !

Comment

If I was a lawyer I wouldn't speak up either, this site can be brutal in a heartbeat.

Comment

Good Luck! Every dollar spent on a good attorney is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
              Good Luck! Every dollar spent on a good attorney is worth it.

The kicker is finding a good one [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep

Comment

So here is the deal. I was injured in the military, told them when I interviewed for the maintenance position of my condition. They still hired me and fast forward to a month ago I injured myself again and the doc I went to recommended I get away from maintenance. I'm worried they may let me go because of it. My question is, being a protected disabled veteran, can they legally do that or do I have a case?

Comment

Did you injure yourself while at work?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                      Did you injure yourself while at work?
                      Not originally, but yes the second time I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        C’mon man, I used to watch LA Law !
                        Lol I watch Judge Judy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                          Not originally, but yes the second time I did.
                          I'm not familiar with the benefits of being a "protected disabled veteran" but I would think if you got injured on the job that would be covered under workers comp, regardless of any previously disclosed disability. Why do you think they are going to fire you?

Comment

Best advice I can offer....quit living life through the past. Don't let veteran or disabled veteran be the lens through which you live your life. We have too many "professional Veterans" walking around looking in the rearview mirror and not looking through the windshield. If you need a job, do the job. Expect to be treated like everyone else. Not special because you served. Model yourself after the WW2 vets that came home, STFU, and went to work. Veteran is cool (I'm one), but it's not what I am. It's part of what I am. Leave all the vet gear and vet beard and vet talk at home and go to work and be a part of the future while reflecting on the lessons learned of the past. Not saying all this applies to you, but if it does, that's my 2 cents. Best of luck with your job.

Comment

They may not be able “to legally do that” but they can make your life miserable. Facilities maintenance can be a tough career. I did it at Cameron Iron for 25 years. I’m worn out now. Find a career path in a maintenance field that you can perform , or change careers. Before I retired I worked as a facilities tech for a hospital and made good money. The hardest part of the job was learning the Building Automation System. Don’t drive a square peg in a round hole bro. Move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X