Skunk kit for camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk kit for camp

We are seeing more and more skunks around camp and on the trails. Seems we can't go a day/night without seeing one.

I'm afraid one day, and I hope I don't jinx myself, that we might get hit sooner or later.

We don't have facilities at camp. What should we have on hand in case we get skunked ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think you're supposed to pee on it... Or is that Jellyfish?

Joking aside, had a lab that would get into them monthly in the yard. Would be jumping at the door to go out and came back seconds later totally regretting her decision. Many a can of tomato juice were used. After a few more incidents, we googled and switched to mixture of peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. Sure seemed to help.

Tagged for more useful responses.

Comment

give them all some sleeping pills..... We use the mixture above AND a natures miracle skunk away premix we buy at petco / amazon

Comment

This is all you need.
        Attached Files

Comment

antifreeze should take care of the issue. nip it in the bud before you need a solution to your question

Comment

Shoot the hell out of the camp ones. Heck, shoot them all. Part of our wildlife plan is to kill all skunks--and we do so.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              mixture of peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap.
              [emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No need to do anything after you get sprayed, that’s the best human scent killer there is. Can hunt upwind of any deer herd in the country after that.

Comment

We use Nature’s Miracle brand skunk odor remover on our dogs. They normally get sprayed a couple times a year.

Comment

I catch lots in DP traps
                    And live traps.

Yet to get sprayed by any of those.

BP

Comment

The ONLY thing I have found that will work, and it WORKS on humans, dogs, dog collars, etc. is the hydrogen peroxide bit. keep ready to mix until you need.

The formula is: 1 quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle), • ¼ cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and • 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap. Ingredients must be mixed in an open container and used immediately.

it will foam up and it works. unfortunately I know,,,,,

Comment

Antifreeze, poison in general, is looking for trouble.
                        Dog proof traps, c00n cuffs or whatever you want to call them work well. Kid with a . 22 can have a blast. I've even whacked a few with my Gamo air rifle

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tomato juice gets rid of the smell. Rat poison gets rid of the skunks

Comment

When I had the lease out west I killed every one that I could. Killed as many as three in a day. A sawed off 20 gauge did most of them in. Low base number 6 shot will kill one at 30 yards easily.

Comment

My cousin is a farmer and he and his dogs both have gotten into their fair share of skunks. He swears by hydrogen peroxide and tomato juice. Not sure of the mix ratios but I keep plenty of both on hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X