Parents with baseball kids (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents with baseball kids (need help)

I have 3 boys (6,4,1) and the older two are in little league. One is Tball one is pitching machine.

I'd like to get a pitching machine for the house to practice with. I expect that theyll keep playing for a while so I can potentially see many years worth of use out of it.

Any pointers on which machine would be good?

My only experience is that nothing under $800 is worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      My only experience is that nothing under $800 is worth having.

Agreed...that and
      1) Don't be afraid to buy used. I did for about $600 off ebay, added generator and used it for about 5 years before the boys moved on to HS ball.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Also, make them throw to each other. Get them used to hitting off humans, and throwing to them.

Comment

Personally I think you really have to think about the set-up; if you can set-up the machine and ball feed so that the kids can do it on their own its ideal.

If you have to be out there with them; assuming your arm is good it may not be worth the money and you might as well pitch to them.

Comment

I have an older jugs machine. I believe it is an MVP. My son is done with it and I had loaned it out to a buddy who coaches but he is done with it now. I don't know what part of Texas you are in but I would give it to you for those young boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustythebeagle View Post
              Personally I think you really have to think about the set-up; if you can set-up the machine and ball feed so that the kids can do it on their own its ideal.

If you have to be out there with them; assuming your arm is good it may not be worth the money and you might as well pitch to them.
              Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Also, make them throw to each other. Get them used to hitting off humans, and throwing to them.
              This is a good point. If there are 2 of us out there minimum, we could just throw the BP. Need to get my arm in shape.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I have an older jugs machine. I believe it is an MVP. My son is done with it and I had loaned it out to a buddy who coaches but he is done with it now. I don't know what part of Texas you are in but I would give it to you for those young boys.
                This is a very generous offer! Let me see if I can find a time to get to Livingston.

Comment

Find a used Jugs 1 wheel

Comment

Tagged. I have an almost 5 year old and a 3 year old that are ate up with baseball. Every day after school we play in the cul de sac. They never hit off tees and I pitch to them most of the time. In the last few weeks they have started pitching to each other, but they get a little frustrated.

I’m 99% certain I’ll be in the baseball world for the foreseeable future. Heck the 5 year old is a switch hitter already and does pretty dang good from both sides. He played tee ball last fall, but the league was a joke. He was the only one on the team that even had a clue what to do.

Comment

3' of 1-1/4" PVC and a bunch of plastic whiffle golf balls, they'll be the best hitters in town after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                        Tagged. I have an almost 5 year old and a 3 year old that are ate up with baseball. Every day after school we play in the cul de sac. They never hit off tees and I pitch to them most of the time. In the last few weeks they have started pitching to each other, but they get a little frustrated.

I’m 99% certain I’ll be in the baseball world for the foreseeable future. Heck the 5 year old is a switch hitter already and does pretty dang good from both sides. He played tee ball last fall, but the league was a joke. He was the only one on the team that even had a clue what to do.
                        For what’s it’s worth have them hit off of a tee every single day..... when I was coaching college my 22 year olds still hit off of a tee everyday...... every level I’ve coached at we start Tee, soft toss, live...... just a thought and my opinion for the 2 cents it’s worth- don’t hate on Tee work....

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                          For what’s it’s worth have them hit off of a tee every single day..... when I was coaching college my 22 year olds still hit off of a tee everyday...... every level I’ve coached at we start Tee, soft toss, live...... just a thought and my opinion for the 2 cents it’s worth- don’t hate on Tee work....
                          Thanks. I’ll give the oldest a Tee for his bday and let them start hitting off it.

Comment

I had a Jugs machine, cost me like $1200 a few years back. We used it a lot when my boy played LL machine pitch. Once we went to select coach pitch he really struggled for a while because the machine was faster than what he was seeing. I sold that machine to a local cage . He’s almost 9 now playing select kid pitch and me pitching to him is the best thing that ever happened, he’s a great consistent hitter

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                              This is a very generous offer! Let me see if I can find a time to get to Livingston.

It's yours if you can get time to come get it. I let my buddy know I would be picking it up as soon as he gets back from out of town on Monday. I'd like to see some kids get some good use out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X