Need scope recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some suggestions on a hunting scope. My hunting rig would not hold zero today and my backup is not threaded. I looked at the Swarovski DI, but the light transmission is not great and it is very heavy. Price is a consideration but I want clear glass, that is the most important item. I would prefer short and light as well. I prefer a triplex type reticle for hunting but a light duplex may be ok, also prefer moa in the 25-30 max power range. Let's hear what you would buy and why? I need something in stock that I can get overnight for a tuesday delivery.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In before for all the Leupold recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post

I don’t think he will find a lot of Leupys that meet that criteria.

OP I’m no help off the top of my head, those are some stringent requirements but I can accept a challenge. I’ll look and get back to ya.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've had real good luck with Trijicon Accupoint or Accutrac's I have a couple on AR's that I really like... clear good light gathering and that tritium dot (mine are green and red, prefer the green) have Mil dot reticles...

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          Ok, I will bite.

Mark 8 3.5-25 x 56 M5C2 ZeroLock

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
            Ok, I will bite.

Ok I will go to the other end of the spectrum with a 1X6X24 CDS-ZL2

30mm matte.............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Ok I will go to the other end of the spectrum with a 1X6X24 CDS-ZL2

30mm matte.............

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-17155.../dp/B01N5VL8FY
              1-6 is not gonna work for me. If they are that close I will shoot them with my bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                Ok, I will bite.

I do not see a hunting type reticle on that model, or moa. To be upfront, I have several nightforce ATACRs and S&B PMII. I hate hunting with them. I am looking for a simple triplex or very light duplex with amazing glass.

Comment

I am looking at this one. It does not check all boxes, but should have clear gless.

Swarovski Optik 5-30x50 Z6i P L 2nd Generation BT Riflescope, Matte Black Finish with Illuminated 4A-I Reticle, 30mm Tube

[https://images-na]

Comment

Love my VX6HD's look at optics planet for shipping times. Might can have one by Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Love my VX6HD's look at optics planet for shipping times. Might can have one by Tuesday.
                      Leupold has fallen behind IMHO. Bushnell has better glass in their top offer. The issue is the reticle choice. Tangent has the best glass I have looked through but all tactical type reticles. I cant stand hunting with a busy reticle. I am looking for something clean, like this.

Comment

I don’t have this model in the link but have you thought about zeiss? I have a DL, about equivalent to Current V4, with a 6 plex that is really clear and reticle is about what you want. Power range you need get tougher to keep it light.

Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30x50mm #6 BDC Turret Riflescope 522251-9906-070 For Sale at EuroOptic.com! | Call (570) 368-3920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by bmac; 10-26-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          I don’t have this model in the link but have you thought about zeiss? I have a DL, about equivalent to Current V4, with a 6 plex that is really clear and reticle is about what you want. Power range you need get tougher to keep it light.

Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30x50mm #6 BDC Turret Riflescope 522251-9906-070 For Sale at EuroOptic.com! | Call (570) 368-3920

I did see that Zeiss and am open to the brand. My only hesitation there is that I have a cheaper Zeiss and do not love it. I am thinking it is because of the 1 inch main tube, combined with a thicker plex. That is what is on my backup rifle. I could order this one and return if it does not meet the needs. With Shott glass and 92% transmission, I should be blown away!

I mounted one of my other scopes with a tactical type reticle last night, I will be fine for opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            I did see that Zeiss and am open to the brand. My only hesitation there is that I have a cheaper Zeiss and do not love it. I am thinking it is because of the 1 inch main tube, combined with a thicker plex. That is what is on my backup rifle. I could order this one and return if it does not meet the needs. With Shott glass and 92% transmission, I should be blown away!

I mounted one of my other scopes with a tactical type reticle last night, I will be fine for opening day.

When shooting subs at 200 from my 308 the DL glass was good enough for me to see the bullet in path. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Comment

Does anyone have this scope, and if so how does the glass compare to a v6 Swarovski?

Comment

Working...
                              X