Ticket Prices these days.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticket Prices these days.....

wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had any insight on this...

has anyone else noticed the cost of event tickets has doubled, even tripled in some cases the past few years?? concerts that used to be $100 a seat for decent seats are now $300+ hell even stock show rodeo prices are $150+!!!! 2 years ago i think i paid $65 a seat for lower level rodeo tickets... Ticketmaster and the other vendors are making it **** near un-affordable for non-wealthy to attend events anymore.... ok now I'll get off the soapbox.

I looked up a show my wife wanted to go see and when I told her mediocre seats for two was going to be nearly $800 she said No way!

So they are pretty high when women are saying no.

Comment

Capitalism. People keep paying those rates, so the rates keep going up.

Comment

pretty sure the cost of concert ticket prices range from $85 to $250 for average 3rd level seating. At least for the shows that I've attended. Shows sell out in no time and bots end up buying the lion's share. Tickets are then listed on Stub Hub, and similar 3rd party ticket brokers for insane amounts of money. TicketMaster has done nothing to prevent this as the average Joe who wants to go see his favorite band cannot afford the re-selling prices. This world is jacked up when Taylor Swift tickets are selling for $2,000 to $20,000.

Comment

Yep, there are more people with a lot of money these days, and a lot more people with no money who do not care about getting further in debt. That combinations means that people are paying whatever price is put on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
            Just like new trucks. If nobody bought a new truck for 8-10 months, the prices would come down a lot.

To the op, I don’t have any idea how many years it’s been since I’ve bought a ticket to an event, so I don’t know how much the prices have increased. I’ll take your word for it and not make any plans.

Comment

I was looking at Billy Bobs ticket prices last night and about fell over! I thought I saw JJW a few years back for $20-30. $150-185 for a table seat seems crazy.

Comment

yup! they're just going to keep bending us over the barrel till we cry rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                  They should be able to charge whatever price they want. I think it says a lot about society now days when people pay those kinds of prices. My dad told me when I was growing up that I had to crawl before I walked, when I bought my first car or wanted something I could not afford. That type of thinking doesn`t exist anymore. You just put it on a credit card like it is monopoly money. For the record...........I would never pay to see anyone for the prices they charge now days. My wife, who has wanted to see the Eagles for a long time even said they could pound sand and yet they sell out every time. They can Take it to the Limit.

Comment

I love live music and I'll never go to a show again if tickets are $100. Give me the old geezers playing covers in a beer joint

Comment

The tickets are alot but got me frustrated last week is I bought 2 tickets to take my dad to go see the Hodge Twins (Conservative/Political YouTubers) at University of Houston Cullen Performance Hall Saturday. The tickets were around $45.00 each but then at the very end there is a $60.00 service fee for ticketmaster's "hard work", then taxes and everything else you can think of. It was almost as much as the actual tickets were!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        pretty sure the cost of concert ticket prices range from $85 to $250 for average 3rd level seating. At least for the shows that I've attended. Shows sell out in no time and bots end up buying the lion's share. Tickets are then listed on Stub Hub, and similar 3rd party ticket brokers for insane amounts of money. TicketMaster has done nothing to prevent this as the average Joe who wants to go see his favorite band cannot afford the re-selling prices. This world is jacked up when Taylor Swift tickets are selling for $2,000 to $20,000.
                        Exactly. Swifty has a concert in Next year. She sold so many tickets she added 2 more dates and sold out 3 converts. She will be playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. and I guarantee it will be a packed house every night.

Comment

The economics of the music business has changed dramatically. Without getting too far out in the weeds, most artists used to tour at a loss to sell albums. With the growth of the steaming services and the ability to buy songs (as opposed to the whole album) online, the artists now have to make money from touring. It's more complicated than that, but that's pretty much what it boils down to. And, as someone has already pointed out, the current ticket prices are what the market will bear.

Comment

Y'all keep paying it so you can put a picture of yourself there on the twiddler

Comment

Another thank you to Covid and shutting the doors on everything for two years

Comment

Working...
                              X