Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Girl Wise Co - Athena Strand 7 yrs old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflicting untold suffering and pain does nothing to bring back the deceased girl. It’s as though we’ve learned nothing from Christ. The vengeful instincts is the same behavior as the crowd showed when Jesus was condemned to die on the cross. Are you so assured that you aren’t wicked or wouldn’t be had you lived the same life as the fed ex driver? There are no winners in any of this. Yeah, in a fallen world we need justice to be carried out, but always balanced with grace and introspection.
    Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-03-2022, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Is retribution a sin bigger than the act of child rape and murder?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
        Yeah, in a fallen world we need justice to be carried out, but always balanced with grace and introspection.
        ^^^this
        God does not expect us to live without our own laws of society and consequences for breaking them. We should have laws that punish those who are a detriment to society. God expects that from us.
        But as the Grandfather said in his writings, we must not let the hate invade our own heart in the form of vengeance or it will take its root and evil will reside. God's will is that he remain the sole owner of vengeance, that we may not be burdened with such things. Remember this, Satan provokes evil thru evil deeds.
        After I read the Grandfather's words, I sat in pause for a moment and listened to the Holy Spirit. His assurance that I should not wish my own vengeance on a man was this: no man has the stomach to witness the wrath of God on an unrepentant soul. The mere sight of His wrath will make any man who witnesses it, wish mercy on the man who receives it, no matter how heinous a crime he had committed in this life. Rest assured knowing this man, if unrepentant, will recieve a punishment greater than any you can ever dream. But also be assured, if you witnessed it, you'd be so much more disturbed by it than you are by what he has done. And I can't think of anything more heinous than what he did.
        God is just.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Is retribution a sin bigger than the act of child rape and murder?
          Sin is sin, in the eyes of God. No bigger, no smaller.
          As a man. Child rape and murder, there is no greater crime!

Comment

The Grandfather is a strong Godly man, not sure I could be. But, the small voice could be convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
              ^^^this
              God does not expect us to live without our own laws of society and consequences for breaking them. We should have laws that punish those who are a detriment to society. God expects that from us.
              Then we’ve been failing for some time…to the point that pedophiles like the one in question, have been put in charge of making laws of society, and carrying out those consequences….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ability to torture another human with absolutely no remorse, no matter what that person has done, should scare the hell out of Godly men. And I’m not at all suggesting that I’d be above that if someone I loved more than anything in this world met the same fate that this girl did. That’s sort of why we offloaded Justice to the state to begin with and leave ultimate justice up to God. We shouldn’t burden ourselves with it. It’s just too dangerous for our souls to be lead astray in our desire for what we think is just.
                Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-03-2022, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Then we’ve been failing for some time…to the point that pedophiles like the one in question, have been put in charge of making laws of society, and carrying out those consequences….

100% agreement!

Comment

The ability to torture another human with absolutely no remorse, no matter what that person has done, should scare the hell out of Godly men. And I’m not at all suggesting that I’d be above that if someone I loved more than anything in this world met the same fate that this girl did.
                    I hear you. I'd feel the same if it were my loved one too. To come to forgiveness as quickly as the Grandfdather did would probably come hard for me. God understands our weaknesses. He sent someone to stand in the gap for us. We must focus on Him in the difficult times. If not on Him, where are we focused? There's only one other...and it's the enemy.

Comment

Missing Girl Wise Co - Athena Strand 7 yrs old.

The ability to torture another human with absolutely no remorse, no matter what that person has done, should scare the hell out of Godly men. And I’m not at all suggesting that I’d be above that if someone I loved more than anything in this world met the same fate that this girl did. That’s sort of why we offloaded Justice to the state to begin with and leave ultimate justice up to God. We shouldn’t burden ourselves with it. It’s just too dangerous for our souls to be lead astray in our desire for what we think is just.

It’s less about vengeance, torture, or hate…to me.

It’s about justice, prevention, and a deterrent. Like killing a coyote and hanging him on the fence.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-03-2022, 09:45 PM.

Comment

No problem. I was wrong in my initial speculation about folks involved. I drew some conclusions based on limited info, and past experience not necessarily relevant to this case. I will admit to letting this situation get to me more than normal due to its proximity to my home, to many I know in the area, and to other somewhat scenarios that have played out in the past. When the info began to come about yesterday afternoon as I got to deer camp, I got tunnel vision and really wanted to make some sense of all of it for myself, and the aforementioned folks closer to the situation than I. I’m not a fan of “gossip”, and it definitely turned from new info to gossip, without my noticing. All involved have my apologies for that. I’m a solutions and answers type of guy, and went to far in that pursuit.

I’m not going to address other points, as that would be far too scattered a conversation. But I do appreciate your opinion, as a long time, and respected member here at the green screen.

The situation, and the young lady have been heavy on my heart and mind all day. I accidentally cut 2 tanks of fuel, and a 12’ trailer load worth of firewood almost without thinking…still no answers.

Stand up man right here.

Comment

It’s less about vengeance, torture, or hate…to me.

It’s about justice, prevention, and precedent. Like killing a coyote and hanging him on the fence.

I can't say I disagree with any of it. I read "justice" as a proper consequence of a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            My Man. I swear we will share a campfire someday!

I look forward to the opportunity, sir. I imagine we could make some sense of things with enough firewood, and cocktails.[emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              I saw this on FB and thought it was worth sharing.

From Mark Strand - Athena's Grandfather

"I can’t quiet my mind and I have to share this. A friend just asked me the other day if I believe God speaks to people? I happen to know He does, as He is speaking to me now. This flesh, this man that I am, is angry and I want 5 minutes alone in a cell with the psycho that took our Athena away from us, but there’s a soft gentle voice in the back of my head telling me I need to forgive him. This flesh man, wants that psycho to burn in hell for all eternity, yet that gentle voice continues to tell me, I need to forgive him. This flesh man hopes he remains blind and deaf to the message of salvation and never sets foot in the same heaven that I know in my heart my darling Athena resides in now and yet, that gentle voice persists. Why you ask? Because Hate is a powerful force that will take root in your soul. God wants to protect us all from that hate. Hate is the gateway for the Evil we see growing in the world today. If you stood that man before me right now, because of the hate that’s trying to root itself in my mind, I would probably kill him. Then that hate would root itself in my heart and I would be destroyed. That gentle voice is the Holy Spirit of God speaking to me right now. He’s reminding me that my savior Jesus, willingly laid Himself on a cross and died in my place to reconcile me to God the Father, but also that He did that for All of Us, even this man that my flesh so Hates at this very moment. I am a sinful man, yet I’ve heard this voice before and I miss hearing this voice. If I allow this hate to consume me, that voice will fade and eventually be silenced. Then that ugly spirit of hate will have succeeded and that’s why this gentle voice persists to tell me I need to forgive this man. It’s for my protection and my peace. It’s to set me free from this hate and allow me to continue to hear God’s gentle voice. There’s not one ounce of my flesh that wants to do this or say this, but my spirit has heard God’s voice and right now, while tears flood my eyes, I declare publicly that I forgive this man! Hate will not win. I hope my family will understand that I don’t do this for the sake of this man. I do this for the sake of my family and myself and to Honor the voice of God who is giving me the strength to say this. I do this to honor our precious Athena who knew no hate. This man won’t be allowed any real estate to live in my brain, he belongs to God and God’s justice will done. Love Conquers All and Forgives. Today, I choose Love and hate loses."
                              That’s powerful.
                              He’s a far better man than me, and that’s something I should definitely work on.
                              But, I am not going to lie. I would do anything possible to make make sure that pos suffered.

Comment

No problem. I was wrong in my initial speculation about folks involved. I drew some conclusions based on limited info, and past experience not necessarily relevant to this case. I will admit to letting this situation get to me more than normal due to its proximity to my home, to many I know in the area, and to other somewhat scenarios that have played out in the past. When the info began to come about yesterday afternoon as I got to deer camp, I got tunnel vision and really wanted to make some sense of all of it for myself, and the aforementioned folks closer to the situation than I. I’m not a fan of “gossip”, and it definitely turned from new info to gossip, without my noticing. All involved have my apologies for that. I’m a solutions and answers type of guy, and went to far in that pursuit.

I’m not going to address other points, as that would be far too scattered a conversation. But I do appreciate your opinion, as a long time, and respected member here at the green screen.

The situation, and the young lady have been heavy on my heart and mind all day. I accidentally cut 2 tanks of fuel, and a 12’ trailer load worth of firewood almost without thinking…still no answers.

👍
                                I don’t think anyone here doubts where your heart is Dale.
                                Stand up post.

Comment

Working...
                                X