Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    [ATTACH]1110168[/ATTACH]

Took dads old Winchester with me tonight. Killed two pigs just at dark. First animals I ever killed with it even though I used it a bit as a kid. My very first deer ever came with an octagon barrel 32-20 made in 1906.

Nice shootin getting two with a lever in one evening.
    There is an octagon barreled 32-20 in my dads fleet that need the hammer fixed ( just flops around). It’s a family heirloom that’s stories get longer as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love hunting with a lever action. I almost always have one if hunting an area with shots 100 yes or less. I either use the Winchester 94 with iron sights or a Marlin 336 with a 2x7-36 scope.

Comment

Planned to go out with the 38-55 today but two of my three boys tested positive for Flu A so I’m hanging with them. Might try again tomorrow!

Comment

Here's my contribution hunting today with a 1972 Winchester model 88, in 308 win. My dad hunted with a 50's era model 88 for in 308 win for fifty years. He retired it and bought a Winchester model 70 naturally in 308 win.
          Attached Files

Comment

Went down south to visit my son at A&M Kingsville. A friend of his gave us the go ahead to shoot a Javelina if we wanted. We managed a spot and stalk on this boar. He caught our wind and took off on a run, I rolled him with a head shot, open sights at about 70 yards! I used a Marlin 336 straight stock that I picked up off here a couple years back, 170 grain Core Lokt did a number on him. Better lucky than good any day! First kill with a lever rifle and first Javelina!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3F196304-450A-49DB-8DF8-BD98EC4A9B00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	24699970

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E3788D7-F8B7-47A4-8445-41F85400568C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	24699971

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
              Went down south to visit my son at A&M Kingsville. A friend of his gave us the go ahead to shoot a Javelina if we wanted. We managed a spot and stalk on this boar. He caught our wind and took off on a run, I rolled him with a head shot, open sights at about 70 yards! I used a Marlin 336 straight stock that I picked up off here a couple years back, 170 grain Core Lokt did a number on him. Better lucky than good any day! First kill with a lever rifle and first Javelina!

[ATTACH]1110554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1110555[/ATTACH]

70 yd running head shot !!

That’s some fine shooting right there, congrats

Comment

Good shoot Sir!

Comment

My youngest got it done with his new to him JM Stamped Marlin 30-30

Comment

1892 octagon short barrel rechambered to .44 mag.

Shot my first four deer with this gun. Passed down to me by my dad and now to my son.

*pic wouldn’t load
                    Last edited by eastover53; 11-25-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

My Dad grew up bird hunting until he got his first ATC job in East Texas in the early mid 70's. His friend invited him deer hunting so he bought a Marlin 336 30-30 and shot his first deer. I ended up shooting my first deer with it in 1993. Still have it but have only shot deer with archery for several years now.

Comment

[ATTACH]1110619[/ATTACH]

Comment

That’s a good looking thumper!

What caliber? Model?

Comment

It’s funny seeing this thread now. I heard a rumor the local Walmart had a Henry Golden Boy 45-70 for a steal of a price. This was my first Black Friday experience and it was well worth it! Can’t wait to kill a pig with it

Comment

Comment

Those are some nice 45-70s, tradman I hope your shoulder replacement goes well!

Comment

Working...
                                X