Midway processing back in business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Hmmm…. I live right by doziers. I’ll have to give them another try. I used Slovaceks once. Wasn’t impressed with the service or product. Seemed way over hyped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slovacek's hasn't.been the same since they became commercialized. When they were just the little processor in Snook they were awesome. My go to now is Arnold's in Hempstead. Bellville just priced me out. It's cheaper to go to the grocery store and get sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      …… They were dissed on here but they are killing it with business…...
      All that means is that there are a TON of hunters that live in and around the area and bring their deer there not knowing they aren’t getting their deer back or don’t care. I grew up in Old Katy and had several buddies that worked at Midway processing in High School. The fact that there are still the same guys working there for 20+ years and the amount of business they get tells me they haven’t changed their processing methods. I really liked Mr. Meyer and his grocery store, but the processing was never your deer. His sausage does taste really good too.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        Slovacek's hasn't.been the same since they became commercialized. When they were just the little processor in Snook they were awesome. My go to now is Arnold's in Hempstead. Bellville just priced me out. It's cheaper to go to the grocery store and get sausage.
        Slovaceks wasn’t good even back in 2006. Synthetic casings, grocery store style sausage, they screwed up my order, and refused to take responsibility for it. Really don’t know how they’re in business then or now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          All that means is that there are a TON of hunters that live in and around the area and bring their deer there not knowing they aren’t getting their deer back or don’t care. I grew up in Old Katy and had several buddies that worked at Midway processing in High School. The fact that there are still the same guys working there for 20+ years and the amount of business they get tells me they haven’t changed their processing methods. I really liked Mr. Meyer and his grocery store, but the processing was never your deer. His sausage does taste really good too.
          Yessir. A ton of us getting fooled

Comment

Seems like it doesn’t matter what processor is talked about, someone will have a complaint about them.

Roll your own I suppose?.....

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              I’m amused at the number of people who think their trim for sausage/tamales/meatballs/whatever is their deer. Do you seriously think a large processor is going to cut and seperate your trim for your order of 1 dozen tamales, 2 pounds of meatballs, 1 pound of hot link and 4 pounds of summer sausage? You think they’re going to stop to grind YOUR DEER for each one of those items? Imagine the time involved and then imagine how these same people gonna cry about the price. Seriously, go tour a large facility. I promise you, it ain’t happening at any of them. I also promise you(at least at the extremely large processor i work for) the meat put into those products is cleaner than what you brought to them.

Custom cuts, I get that. If you don’t get your own deer on those, take your business elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                I’m amused at the number of people who think their trim for sausage/tamales/meatballs/whatever is their deer. Do you seriously think a large processor is going to cut and seperate your trim for your order of 1 dozen tamales, 2 pounds of meatballs, 1 pound of hot link and 4 pounds of summer sausage? You think they’re going to stop to grind YOUR DEER for each one of those items? Imagine the time involved and then imagine how these same people gonna cry about the price. Seriously, go tour a large facility. I promise you, it ain’t happening at any of them. I also promise you(at least at the extremely large processor i work for) the meat put into those products is cleaner than what you brought to them.

Custom cuts, I get that. If you don’t get your own deer on those, take your business elsewhere.
                Boom!
                FD I was literally just fixing to post a similar comment.

Comment

Processors are all the same. You may get your deer, you may get a gutshot one thats been in the bed of a truck, but if you like the taste have at it. No different than anything store bought.

Comment

Dammit man! Did you have to say gut shot laying in the back of a truck? You put a whole new spin on this! Lol!

Comment

Dammit man! Did you have to say gut shot laying in the back of a truck? You put a whole new spin on this! Lol!
                      Beats the floor scraping oscar meyer dogs at heb

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                        Beats the floor scraping oscar meyer dogs at heb
                        Daaaang! Keep em coming!

Comment

Meh. Nothing against midway. Folks like them and they stay in business. Must be doing something right.

Comment

Yep. He put a negative spin on it, which has become the standard for most here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

We had a guy on one lease who worked at a processor. He would bring the grinder tailings to the lease and cook it. I was great but confirms that any grind you get from a processor is never from your deer. Getting my meat back is important to me. I try to get my deer skinned and cooled as soon as possible. I think it makes a big difference in the quality of the meat.

Comment

I do the same. But Dude is right. Anyone can tell you “yes you’ll get your own deer back”. But how do you know unless you literally follow it through the entire process. You can’t. I’ve never gotten sick eating what I got back and the taste is great. In my dream house I’d have a mud room that was also layed out with a stainless steel table for processing, grinding, sealing etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X