No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got the Grendel in ar platform and ruger American predator. My boy 6yrs old shoots both and handles them well from a tripod. He loves target practice with both.

Comment

I prefer my kids learn with a bolt. And with a cut down or youth model with suppressor.
      Just found a Ruger Grendel for the great nephew and nieces here at Weakley Watson in Brownwood.

BP

Comment

The Grendel is probably the perfect round for Texas game (WT, Axis, hogs, Auodad). It’s what my 2 boys (8y and 10y) have shot and had great luck with. They’ve taken hogs, WT doe, WT buck and coyotes with it the last couple yrs. It’s my go to round.

Comment

Get it you shilen match barrel and bolt from midway, mine is honestly the most consistent and accurate gun I have. If it doesn’t shoot 3/4” or better it’s the nut behind the trigger.

I’ve killed deer and hogs mainly with the 120/123gr eldm and the 120gr nosler ballistic tip drops them in their tracks nearly every time.

Comment

I was about to pull the trigger on some kind of grendel as well. But now im looking at the 6 ARC also... What mags are you guys having good luck with? I hate steel mags.

Comment

Anybody bought any uppers from the Grendel hunter website?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                I was about to pull the trigger on some kind of grendel as well. But now im looking at the 6 ARC also... What mags are you guys having good luck with? I hate steel mags.
                Well, there are more bullet choices in 6.5. 6.5 has better ballistics and I've never seen 6mm arc ammo on any shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Well, there are more bullet choices in 6.5. 6.5 has better ballistics and I've never seen 6mm arc ammo on any shelf.
                  Funny ive seen more 6 Arc ammo lately then 6.5 Grendel. But i agree with you and 6.5G is more common all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                    I have an Alexander arms upper that I may part with if you’re interested. I never fell in love with it but have all the reloading stuff for it as well.
                    Also in the market for a Grendel upper for my son.

Comment

If I could only have one I’d get the Grendel. But for a few months when Grendel ammo was afk, I built me a 6mm Arc and it ain’t no slouch 103 eldx’s and the 108match have killed a bit over 60pigs gut shot and all. The only ones we have lost we used the Hornady black 105hp with bad results on running hogs. The 6arc will tumble them just as good as the Grendel. Granted I should also note that I have only shot pigs with the arc.

Comment

Funny ive seen more 6 Arc ammo lately then 6.5 Grendel. But i agree with you and 6.5G is more common all the way around.
                        And that’s still the case here in weatherford area. 6arc on shelf

Comment

Anybody bought any uppers from the Grendel hunter website?

I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                            And that’s still the case here in weatherford area. 6arc on shelf

I heard that Gibsons had a bunch of Grendel on the shelves, but I have not been by.

Comment

I’ve contemplated getting the 6arc, or 6mm Grendel, but with a 6.8, and a 6.5, just too much overlap.

That being said, if Howa makes them in the mini, I’ll probably get one. Wish they’d sell a 6.8 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I heard that Gibsons had a bunch of Grendel on the shelves, but I have not been by.

Shhh. The sst’s cases of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X