First time shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    How did the sight pins attach to the riser and how did they adjust?

Looks like the top pin is furthest set out from the riser and the bottom pin is closest.
    I may be wrong but to me:
    Its interesting to see that in the previous owners sight pin setting, their further distance pins show their arrows drifted right. This couldve been a sign of a weak arrow or fletching rotation causing drift. Both normal occurances for me.
    It was held on by some type of tape, almost looked like Electrical tape. I honestly didn’t even look at how to adjust them. I removed them almost instantly.

Last night I did some garage shooting and had some very decent groups at 7-8 yards. I think I’m getting the hang of how to draw and keep everything in line while getting a good anchor point. I managed to hit what I was aiming for several times and kept most shots in a 4” group or better.

Comment

I’m by no means a pro, but I’m in SA and seem to do alright hunting with my recurve and longbow every year. I could probably jump start you a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HunterB View Post
        I’m by no means a pro, but I’m in SA and seem to do alright hunting with my recurve and longbow every year. I could probably jump start you a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That would be awesome I’ll send you a PM! Thanks.

Comment

15 years ago coming back from a hunting trip i sold my Winter Wind recurve to my buddy as i was low on funds. This weekend he met me in San Antonio and gave it back to me. I shot it all week at Chambers, i got better but not confident enough to hunt with it yet. Next year i will be. Suprised at the lack of traditional shops in the San Antonio area. I did get a shooting glove and bow square at Mesquite Archery. It is addicting.

Comment

Working...
          X