No announcement yet.

Costa Rica Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We go to Montezuma quite often and love it. It's about as out of the way as you can get

Comment

Went back in June. La Forturna for a week at hotel Kioro (really cool place), right in front of the Arenal Volcano. Did just about everything you could at La Fortuna, walking bridges, water fall, hot springs. La fortuna is a really cool little tourist town. Then we went down to los suenos. The resort is nice but it is a fishing resort. It is not beach side and there are no true beachy (like Mexico) areas really close. Rent a Golfcart while you are there, you can drive into town to grocery store and out to the beach next to resort. We spent one day fishing and never hooked up on a single fish. ATV tour at Jaco was a highlight of trip. They have access to a lot of private land and you haul it through the jungle.

Bring more money than you think you need and use Colones. Ricos want you to us Dollars because they get more in the exchange rate.

Everything about Costa Rica was great and we have already made a plan to go back in the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        We stayed at Secrets Papagayo in July for my wife’s 40th and it was fantastic. It’s about 20-30 mins transport from Liberia. Had all that we wanted, including great pools, spa and a nice beach. It’s on papagayo bay so the surf is really gentle, made for great Wade’s into the ocean. We did do Arenal and some area hot springs. It’s a 3 hr one way tour, but totally worth it

Would totally do the entire trip again. Let me know if you decide on Guancaste, I have a fishing recommendation for you.
        Shoot the fishing recommendation my way if you don't mind.

Comment

Fishing recommendations for Los Suenos?

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
            Fishing recommendations for Los Suenos?
            Bubba would be my first choice.

The fly boats would be my second.
            No other sport-fishing operation in the world offers the range of quality services that we have at Maverick Sportfishing, and of course, no other operation can claim a base of operations as spectacular as Los Sueños in Costa Rica.

Comment

Working...
            X