6.5-06

jrg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

TC Super 14 30 Herrett
      350 Rem Mag

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
        .348 Winchester. Beautiful lever gun. Puts the thump on little bambi!

Yup, that’s a fact. It’ll make a hogs brains fall out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Killed a lot of deer with a 22 hornet

Comment

I haven't taken any deer or hogs yet with my Thompson Contender, but I hope to soon. Not sure what caliber, but I have 22 hornet, 7 TCU and 7X30 waters.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
              .348 Winchester. Beautiful lever gun. Puts the thump on little bambi!
              you have my attention.

Comment

i have enjoyed seeing the responses,, some of you have certainly taken a different path with some cartridges,,, i applaud you all for keeping some of these oldies as goodies!

Comment

32wcf, 38wcf, and 41 colt.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    i have enjoyed seeing the responses,, some of you have certainly taken a different path with some cartridges,,, i applaud you all for keeping some of these oldies as goodies!
                    Yes sir. This is a cool thread. Neat seeing replies with cals I've never heard of

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                      I did kill a 45 pound beaver when I was 16 with my Benjamin pump pellet gun.Cleaned him and bbq him.
                      that's a big ole hairy beaver right there.

Comment

458 Socom and 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser

Comment

54 cal muzzleloader ball

I let friend use my 7mm STW. It obliterated a rear quarter with a hard quartering shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                            I’m going to pull out the 25-06 this year and see if I can get one on the ground with it.

It’s a shame that this cartridge is fading in popularity.

I can remember the gun magazines back years ago touting it as THE Texas whitetail cartridge. It was also one of my dads favorite too.

I have one in a Remington 700 BDL. My favorite rifle.

Comment

.300 savage even though 50 yrs ago it was used more than any other. My great grandfathers 99 between 4 generations has killed more deer than any disease

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                                I’m going to pull out the 25-06 this year and see if I can get one on the ground with it.

It’s a shame that this cartridge is fading in popularity.

I can remember the gun magazines back years ago touting it as THE Texas whitetail cartridge. It was also one of my dads favorite too.

My favorite caliber. Shot my uncles for many years when I was younger and fell in love with it. I’ve been thinking about buying a 25-06, but like you eluded to its fading in popularity and harder to find rifles chambered in it!

Comment

Working...
                                X