Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ichthemoil Ointment, (? Spelling)
    Otherwise known as Black Salve.
    Will draw all toxins from puncture wounds.

Comment

My great grandfather would tell you to place an old solid copper penny over the puncture wound to "draw out the poison." He would also use mercurochrome (aka monkey blood) and Campho- Phenique as backups to take care of whatever pathogens the copper penny didn't take out.
      Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 09-05-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you should be good. I stepped on two nails when I was a kid, back then my mother soaked the wound with both peroxide and alcohol. That was all that was done, no tetanus shot. I would think you have done anything you could do.

I have been told multiple times in recent years, that hydrogen peroxide, should not be used, because it kills living tissue. I still use it, it has kept me from getting infections for over 50 years, I will stick with it.

The worst one I did, was I stepped on large lag screw, that was in our chicken pen. It was in a board, that was buried in chicken poop. I have no idea how it got there, still find it very odd that it was there. I had been in that pen hundreds of times, over the years. It was right where I walked, ever time I went in the pen. It was very odd it was there. I stepped on it, it went through my shoe, then about 1 1/2" into my foot. I thought it was a nail, but could not get it off the bottom of my foot. I finally ripped it loose, and saw a large lag screw/large wood screw. It was covered in chicken poop. My foot swelled up very large inside of two or three minutes of stepping on the screw.

All that was done, was soaked my foot in both peroxide and alcohol. I stuffed a Q-Tip soaked in peroxide, up in my foot, and cleaned out the wound. My foot did not get any larger after dumping the peroxide and alcohol on it. That same day, the swelling started to go down, I don't remember how quickly, but I think within a few hours. That was all that was done, my foot healed up and was fine in a couple days.

I was sure that one was going to be very bad, but it did not amount to anything more than my foot swelling up and looking like a football for a few hours.

Peroxide works, don't care what hospitals have to say about it. I am not going to argue that it may kill good tissue, but it's never caused me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by big lee View Post
          after the crowbar to the head, there is not much we can teach you!
          😂

Comment

Epson salt and vaseline mixure has worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Peroxide and Neosporin. That was my grandma's go to for fixing everything when I was growing up. Jumped off the back porch barefoot one time and landed on an old metal rake. I remember bouncing off that thing and landing on my butt and I was lookin at the holes in my foot before I even knew what happened. The bottoms of your feet are a bad spot to get a stab or a cut. It's gonna suck walking around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                Was tearing out our old pier while the water was low and stepped on a nail. Went clean through. It hurt. I washed it all with rubbing alcohol and packed it with neosporin. Just had a tetanus shot the other day when I hit myself with a crowbar in the head. Anything else I am missing? Except common sense to not hurt myself?
                Do you rep Binford tools on your local cable access channel?

Comment

If you can find it Boil Ease is a drawing salve I use. Dr. told me to use it when I was bitten by a brown recluse to draw out the poison. It is similar to the old black salve. I pack a wound with it after washing out with hydrogen peroxide.

Comment

When I was 10 I stepped on a weeding ho chasing a snake and it went through my foot.
                    No doctor, mom just cleaned it up and had me soak it in Epsom salt several times a day.
                    Took that sucker 6 months or better to heal and had to walk on crutches.
                    First time I ever went to the top of the Arch I was on crutches, and spent most of the 5th grade on crutches, it was a miserable time.
                    Still have stout a** scar on the bottom and it has no give, if I catch it wrong that joker smarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahan View Post
                      Or a suit of amor!

Being he a about to start an electrical project, I don’t believe wearing a conductive suit of armor would be very wise [emoji23]

Comment

Put some Monkey Blood on it. You'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                          Being he a about to start an electrical project, I don’t believe wearing a conductive suit of armor would be very wise [emoji23]

That’s funny. I told my wife someone said it comes in threes and she mentioned the allergic reaction to the crap in the hay barn a few weeks ago which might count as two which would make this one number three. In which case I will happily call myself adequately blessed and move on.

Foot is looking good this morning. Gonna put a bandaid on it to keep it clean and move on. I hope this doesn’t affect my modeling career.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Wait a minute. Why did you get a tetanus shot for hitting yourself with a crowbar? Did it penetrate?
                            RIP crowbar

Comment

Soak your foot in kerosene.. It always worked back in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                                At least you didn’t do them both at the same time. Just watch it and make sure it doesn’t get infected.
                                If it does get infected. Be ready with antibiotics.

Comment

Working...
                                X