Who's excited for dove season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
    We are in LaSalle county and have had tons of birds. I am guessing the rain yesterday and today has pushed them out. Saw flights of dove like old days in Mexico yesterday, scattered now I am sure.
    I thought the same with the rains we got last year but all of our birds stuck around.

Comment

This Guy

Tons of dove sighted around my place last week, Hopefully it'll be better than last year.

Comment

Kinda of a mixed blessing with the rain. I would rather it rain than not. We got about 5 acres of sunflower just outside of East Bernard. We gonna see what happens.
        Sam J

Comment

If it's gonna rain I hope it does it now instead of opening weekend. They won't leave but they'll definitely spread out. If there's a few water holes filled up when opening weekend comes around it'll help. We'll probably have to switch from our spots where they're roosting to the spots where they're going to get a drink. Only bad thing about that is there's no shade where the water holes are.

If it rains opening weekend they'll be in the trees in the morning and evening. If it stays like it is now that's still where we'll find 'em because there ain't no water. If they're around they gotta go somewhere to sleep even if they're spread all over Gods green earth.

If you can you gotta have you a place where they gather to roost. If you can get you one of those you'll get some shootin done no matter what the weather does.
          Last edited by okrattler; 08-15-2022, 05:17 PM.

Comment

This week is gonna drag on forever. Today had at least a few extra hours in it. I swear the week that dove season starts is the slowest week of the year.

It's been August for a good while now. It can give it a rest already.
            Last edited by okrattler; 08-29-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I haven't been this excited for September 1st in a decade. There will be a bunch of beer drinking, no dove hitting people at our ranch and instead of me being frustrated about no birds and adult adolescents I'll be on a flight to South Africa for the hunt of a lifetime!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s one of my favorite days of the year!!!! I try like hell to shoot a few on the opener each year. Takes me back to my very first hunt as a kid.

Comment

I love dove opener. Its been a few years but i might get lucky this year and be able to get a hunt down in Beeville

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    I haven't been this excited for September 1st in a decade. There will be a bunch of beer drinking, no dove hitting people at our ranch and instead of me being frustrated about no birds and adult adolescents I'll be on a flight to South Africa for the hunt of a lifetime!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
                    Heck yeah! Have fun,be safe,kill stuff.

What are ya gonna go shoot?
                    Last edited by okrattler; 08-29-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                      It’s one of my favorite days of the year!!!! I try like hell to shoot a few on the opener each year. Takes me back to my very first hunt as a kid.
                      Me too man. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago for me. Sure doesn't seem like it.

I think back to that day every opener as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                        I love dove opener. Its been a few years but i might get lucky this year and be able to get a hunt down in Beeville
                        I'm hoping you do. It'd be a good time. Everyone that can needs to get in on some dove shootin.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          Today is hunting license day in Texas!!!!

I'm starting a new job on the 29th and it'll ruin my dove season this year.
                          Started said job today. They asked us our favorite hobby as an ice breaker.

Dove hunting! It starts on Thursday and I won't get to go. "You sound bitter!" Glad we established that haha

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Started said job today. They asked us our favorite hobby as an ice breaker.

Dove hunting! It starts on Thursday and I won't get to go. "You sound bitter!" Glad we established that haha
                            You gonna go out on Friday evening or the weekend at least? I think we're gonna go Friday evening. My buddies job is getting him on opening day too. I could go by myself but I like shootin doves with my friends.

Comment

No birds up here. Love the rain! Not mad at the birds anymore. Dove season typically means lots of rain late August. Dry early Septembers seem to be fading up north.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                                I'm hoping you do. It'd be a good time. Everyone that can needs to get in on some dove shootin.
                                Im finally off of work this year for it but only because im on Paternity leave for our Daughter we just had. If mommas okay with it i might sneak down for a morning and evening hunt on opening day and drive back that night. Im on duty for my older daughter until i go back to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X