No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel Ammo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For coyotes you want light and fast as you can. So out of those option that TNT round. But if only shooting dogs you would honestly be better suited to step down to a .22 Cal going significantly faster to get those good DRT kills you want and need for a contest and easier to stretch the legs on if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
      I shoot the 123 Hornady Black and have had zero issue's. Killed everything I've always shot at.

God Bless
      Bish
      This

Comment

Buddy and I have 3 grendals between us all 3 shoot the hornady black 123 grain very well.
        Maybe lost 1 hog out of more than a 100 we shot ( most were head shots ).
        I do not think the bullets expand very well because of the blood trails we've had were poor.
        But no animals ran more than 50 yards.
        Killed a few deer and no yotes with ours.
        For yotes I think most would be DRT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been impressed with the ELD-M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I would look for 95 grain Vmax rounds. Get the velocity up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have great results with these and h335 - which happens to be mostly available these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dchilds View Post
              I have great results with these and h335 - which happens to be mostly available these days.

They work great out of my Howa and my 12.5” AR.

Comment

I've had great luck with the Federal Fusion. They must have quit making them though since I haven't found any in a couple years.

Comment

I have extensive research with 123-120gr eldm out of both a 16 and 20” grendel set up for night hunting suppressor and NV.

I will tell you the Hornady black kills BIG pigs and blows up coyotes. I can’t say enough good about that bullet set up in the grendel. Don’t hesitate to use it.

I shot a 200+ pound boat square in the shoulder just to test it and he dropped. Behind the shoulder they normally make less than 50 yards before they die.

I haven’t used any other bullets yet. I have some gold dots and nosler BT to try but just haven’t yet.

I’ve also shot a few deer with the eldm from the grendel with great success.

Comment

6.5 Grendel Ammo Questions

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    I have extensive research with 123-120gr eldm out of both a 16 and 20” grendel set up for night hunting suppressor and NV.

I will tell you the Hornady black kills BIG pigs and blows up coyotes. I can’t say enough good about that bullet set up in the grendel. Don’t hesitate to use it.

I shot a 200+ pound boat square in the shoulder just to test it and he dropped. Behind the shoulder they normally make less than 50 yards before they die.

I haven’t used any other bullets yet. I have some gold dots and nosler BT to try but just haven’t yet.

I’ve also shot a few deer with the eldm from the grendel with great success.

Are those reloads, or the factory hornady black?

Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-04-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Are those reloads, or the factory hot day black?

Both. The 123s are the factory black loads and the 120s are my hand loads pushed to the same velocity. My grendel has a shilen match barrel from midway it was 20” but I cut it to 16 and threaded for suprpresor. It’s ver accurate 1/2-3/4” gun

Comment

These were all shot with a grendel using eldm bullets.

Also a buddy used my rifle to kill an axis buck at 300 yards and dropped him in 1 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          Both. The 123s are the factory black loads and the 120s are my hand loads pushed to the same velocity. My grendel has a shilen match barrel from midway it was 20” but I cut it to 16 and threaded for suprpresor. It’s ver accurate 1/2-3/4” gun

Thanks! I know you do a lot of work on that stuff. I don’t reload, so I was curious about the hornady black.

Comment

The Hornady black has shot very well in 3-4 Grendel’s I’ve had my hands on. Good luck!

Comment

Agree with Mike D 85-100 gr would be ideal for coyotes and 18” barrel.

Comment

Also a buddy used my rifle to kill an axis buck at 300 yards and dropped him in 1 shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Where are y’all buying ammo at for a decent price?

Comment

Working...
                                X