Tikka T3 accuracy with ELD ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Have you checked the torque on those action screws?

Tikka Performance in Bozeman (Four Corners) sells some nice accessories, and owner Jason knows Tikka’s inside and out. I replaced the plastic bolt cover with a machined aluminum and he sells 3 and 5 round machined aluminum magazines.

I asked about trigger upgrades, and he said there’s no need to do anything-so he didn’t develop one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now you’re gonna cost me more $....My two main rifles here are Tikka’s....

Comment

No experience with the 6.5CM, but I only own Tikka and Sako rifles. Never had any issues with flyers. They are already accurate, but a bed job makes a difference too.

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
        Now you’re gonna cost me more $....My two main rifles here are Tikka’s....

Check out their accessories, the machined aluminum bolt shroud and magazines are nice. Proudly made in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i had a t3 ctr in 6.5 cm. It shot the 143 eldx ammo about 7/8 inch group at 100 and it shot prime factory 130 about 5/8.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
            i had a t3 ctr in 6.5 cm. It shot the 143 eldx ammo about 7/8 inch group at 100 and it shot prime factory 130 about 5/8.
            I’ve got the same gun, caliber and ammo. Just haven’t had chance to send bullets downrange yet.

Comment

What is your normal error rate? Mine is about 1/2-3/4 moa and that’s the best I can shoot. At 200 I’m normally feeling good about a 1.0-1.25 group at 200, the further I go the more I’m ok with 3/4 moa. I do have the same rifle chambered in a CM, 300WSM, and 22-250. They all 3 seem to like lighter loads. I also have found that none of them were truly floated and a small amount of work was needed to remove barrel contact. I’d lighten the load and make a batch of 5 sets of 5, starting light and work up. Once you have your load then repeat with length. If you don’t load, call Copper Creek. You can also buy a modified case and measure your COAL and have a really good starting point for length. I might have a CM modified case if you are interested.

Comment

Bed the stock!!

Comment

splitbeam,

I just realized that you are the guy that bought the CTR from me last february. Is that the rifle you are having trouble with?

Comment

I use Berger match 130gr in my .260 T3 and it loves them. I reload my own ammo.

Comment

splitbeam,

I just realized that you are the guy that bought the CTR from me last february. Is that the rifle you are having trouble with?
                      No sir. Lol. Friend of mine has brand new T3 Lite I’m helping setup.
                      How you been?

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        No sir. Lol. Friend of mine has brand new T3 Lite I’m helping setup.

How you been?
                        I'm great. How's the ctr shooting for you?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a T3 in 25-06. Took the stock off and sent it to be dipped. Reassembled it and had the same issues you’re having. Was pretty frustrated and about to sell it. Took it to Ronnie Harms at lone star in Weatherford and after messing with it for over a months he finally figured out there was an issue with how I put it back together. Can’t remember exactly what it was but it was something you’d never think to look at. If you have had the stock off of it you may want to call Ronnie. Good luck with it! I’ve got 3 T3’s and they are all lights out.

Comment

I'm great. How's the ctr shooting for you?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            Havent even touch the gun. lol Waiting on suppressor which is now in it's 14 month of wait time But I do have the same ammo you used which is good to know

Comment

Is the Honrnady ammo, I had the same problem with my Tikka T3 in 7mm-08. I changed ammo to Nosler Accubonds and Ballistic Tips and accuracy went to under 1"".

Comment

Working...
                              X