Having forgiveness in your heart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having forgiveness in your heart.

We had our weekly bible study last night online. The topic was forgiveness. After watching a video and discussing for over an hour, it came very clear to me that most of us had a difficult time forgiving things in our past. I struggle with it constantly and its not the easiest thing to do sometimes.

One of the people on the video referred being hurt by someone long ago, and that hurt leaving a boot print in the cement of her heart. Later in life, after that person was long gone, that empty boot print filed up with resentment, hatred, and bitterness. The person that left the boot print didn't even know that happening. She learn that if she filled that hole with forgiveness it couldn't collect all that muck.

But why is the greatest gift Jesus ever gave so hard for us to comprehend?

I don't know but I feel it is because of our sinful nature. Only Jesus, who was without sin can forgive in an instant. For the rest of us, I feel that forgiveness is a process that we have to continually nurture. Just like protecting a broken bone so it can one day heal, we need to protect our hearts and wrap it in forgiveness.

That's why we need forgiveness in our hearts.

Forgiveness can be very difficult at times but we also have to understand that many times forgiveness is measured by other emotions which is only natural.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been wronged man times in the past by some close friends, family and associates.
      I do not know how to hold a grudge or resentment. I dont know how some folks do.
      I've never had to try and forgive someone for hurting my child...it would take a lot more than what i currently have in me to do that.
      That said, it seems many people hold my opinion on some things against me. It does not bother me much but i wonder how they have it in them to do so. It must be really suk to be that petty.

Comment

Amen.
        If you cannot forgive your neighbor, God cannot forgive you. You even have to forgive yourself.

One thing about forgiveness towards someone that hurt you, you live with that pain every day and the other person usually does not even know they hurt you. You relive that hurt daily...unless you forgive them.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Great message and perfect timing. I have been struggling with this a lot here lately. It will definitely mess with your daily outlook.

Comment

The hardest person to forgive is yourself.

Comment

Learn to forgive. Like my mom told me long ago, “While you’re not forgiving or you’re holding a grudge, the other guy is out having a good time.”

Comment

In times like these, this rings especially loud, since (imo) people are acting "different". Had this conversation with a reverend the other day about how 3 of my closest friends have pretty much ghosted me. One happened before the holidays and the other 2 here within the last few weeks. I've wanted to lash out at some of their comments but I chose to chill, count to 10 and let is pass. Trying times, for sure!!!

Comment

These last few weeks have really been tough. News media getting everyone spun up and the uncertainty of the virus stuff, puts a lot of people on edge. Social media does't help much and can be very polarizing.

Several people I know (some family) are extremely active with political opinions on social media. I was one of those once myself. I gave it up about 2 years ago because it was preventing me from being in a mindset that allowed me to have forgiveness in my heart. Since then my life and relationships with everyone around me got better, and my relationship with my savior became stronger.

Don't let other peoples bitterness sour your heart, and be mindful of how your attitude can effect others. I'm not normally a big preaching guy, but last knights message hit home for me and I just wanted to share it the best I could.

Comment

Amen! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Several people I know (some family) are extremely active with political opinions on social media. I was one of those once myself. I gave it up about 2 years ago because it was preventing me from being in a mindset that allowed me to have forgiveness in my heart. Since then my life and relationships with everyone around me got better, and my relationship with my savior became stronger.

That's interesting...my wife has the same issue. She cant read something and choose to ignore it or pass on it like I can. She had to get herself out of the Social Media game so she could walk with her heart towards God and not always shaking her head at other peoples stupidity.

Me, I can scoot right on past it and never give it a 2nd thought.

Comment

Jesus came to set the captives free. And those who have been set free are free indeed!
                          People choose to imprison themselves when the chains have been removed. Un-forgiveness towards others is imprisonment for yourself and nobody in their right mind would throw themselves on a fire when they have been brought to safety.
                          It is the meaning for the Cross, it is the new covenant.

Comment

We must swallow our pride and a lot of Crow sometimes but we must forgive. I too have been hurt from close friends and family but life is too short and the cancer of hurt can kill you inside and out. God says to forgive, therefore we must.

Comment

Don’t confuse forgiveness for allowing continued abuse. Forgive and then discern. That means if the person ain’t gonna change, don’t be around them.

Comment

Working...
                              X