Anybody own a washateria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody own a washateria

Is there any money to be made in the washateria business? Have some new apartments going in and thought about opening one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know the profits of the business, but every one I have had to use always had something broken or damaged because of people not caring. So be prepared to always be fixing something or replacing machines.

Comment

I met a guy who hunts all over the world, for 4-6 weeks at a time, throughout the year. He was in the washateria business.

Comment

I know a guy that owned one. He paid for everything in quarters. He took a hit when he sold it. It wasn’t making much of a profit on paper.

Comment

I have an uncle that has now passed away that was in the business for about 40 years. He made a killing BUT he was always there. It was seldom unattended. He made all of his own repairs to the machines. My aunt would offer to wash, dry, and fold clothes. Not sure what she charged for that. The fact that they were there all day, every day meant the place was always clean and always safe. Women felt secure in going there. He made a lot of his money by buying run down ones, fixing them up, building up the business and then selling it to someone that would just go by and pull money once a day. Once the business would crash he would buy it back for nothing and build it up again. He has 3 of them that he owned and sold multiple times.

-john

Comment

My dad has an rv park, he has 3 washers and 3 dryers. He makes anywhere from $500-700 a week on them.

Comment

Find out if the apartments are going to have washers and dryers for the tenants. Some complexes are offering free wash and dry options, or the apartments might come with a washer dryer combo. You never know...

Comment

A friend of mine owns a couple between him and his son they make pretty good money. My friend is retired, son is not and they do well.

BUT...they are always working on something. But he likes it. Says it's good money and all cash.

Comment

Location and neighborhood!!!

I owned two about 25 years ago.
                  You need to be very handy, and know how to do minor repairs.

It can be very profitable!!

Comment

Originally posted by chino View Post
                    Location and neighborhood!!!
                    You need to be very handy, and know how to do minor repairs.
                    The handy repairman is a given. I would say that if you have to pay someone to do repairs, you will probably just break even. Regarding the sale of the venture, I am sure it has to be to a certain person, maybe even owner financed. I have two friends in the spray wand car wash business and they always have lots of cash, very little if any goes to the bank. Makes financing an issue with an operating loss or only breaking even.

Comment

I would have cash to build it so it would take time to make that back but then it would be profit. Just don’t know if the headache is worth the payout. I am fairly handy when it comes to fixing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        I have an uncle that has now passed away that was in the business for about 40 years. He made a killing BUT he was always there. It was seldom unattended. He made all of his own repairs to the machines. My aunt would offer to wash, dry, and fold clothes. Not sure what she charged for that. The fact that they were there all day, every day meant the place was always clean and always safe. Women felt secure in going there. He made a lot of his money by buying run down ones, fixing them up, building up the business and then selling it to someone that would just go by and pull money once a day. Once the business would crash he would buy it back for nothing and build it up again. He has 3 of them that he owned and sold multiple times.

-john
                        The only really successful one I have experience with provided these services listed above

Comment

I had a good friend that has now passed, but he owned several here in Lubbock. I know it was labor intensive and he also did the jerseys and uniforms for the locals schools which was very labor and overtime intensive. Not sure if he was making any money, but I do know he was working on washers and dryers all the time and basically was on call 24/7! He sold all he had an moved on to something with less work requirements. He was in a very bad wreck and did not survive the injuries.
                          We buried him about 2 weeks ago. The nicest guy anyone would have ever meet. There is nothing Larry could not do and if you ask him a question, he would tell yo what you could do or not do and if he did not know it, he would tell you so. A very unique and loved person that will be missed tremendously by his friends, family and hunting buddies. It will not be the same at the lease hunting this year.

Comment

Cash business for most part. But people break and tear up everything. It all depends where it is. Car wash is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              I had a good friend that has now passed, but he owned several here in Lubbock. I know it was labor intensive and he also did the jerseys and uniforms for the locals schools which was very labor and overtime intensive. Not sure if he was making any money, but I do know he was working on washers and dryers all the time and basically was on call 24/7! He sold all he had an moved on to something with less work requirements. He was in a very bad wreck and did not survive the injuries.
                              We buried him about 2 weeks ago. The nicest guy anyone would have ever meet. There is nothing Larry could not do and if you ask him a question, he would tell yo what you could do or not do and if he did not know it, he would tell you so. A very unique and loved person that will be missed tremendously by his friends, family and hunting buddies. It will not be the same at the lease hunting this year.
                              Prayers for you and your friends family.

Comment

Working...
                              X