X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
      I'm not the most religious man in the world, but my wife could use some prayers guys. She is a nurse at an old folks home/rehab center, since Thursday they have a total of 21 cases of COVID-19 with 1 death and 1 in the hospital now. To say she is nervous, scared, and frustrated is putting it lightly. Since she had a negative test on Saturday they have had her working 10 to 12 hour days with the possibility of double shifts if relief can't come in.

So if you guys don't mind throwing on up tonight for her I would appreciate it.

Steve, checking on you an the wife. How’s everything going? Y’all hanging in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

It's getting better there at work since they have isolated the positive's and moved people around. She is still working crazy hours, but she at least got the weekend off for Mothers Day.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Prayers up! Tell he thank you for us!

Comment

Spoke too soon on the getting better part. They did another round of testing on Friday and now have another 58 positive cases. This ain't just the flu guys, no doubt not as bad for able bodied people, but this is really bad for the older and sick.

Comment

You're married to a hero, buddy. Remind her of that every day.

Comment

Prayers.

Comment

prayers.. My question is how are these old folks getting corona? People shouldn't be visiting the elderly at risk even if its family.... all I can think of is the staff . (obviously that's something out of their control as it their job and a necessity to care for the patients.)

Comment

Most likely staff, a lot of the patients show no symptons so there is no way to really keep it under control. So far like 14 employees have tested positive along with the owner. Tough when an employees shows no symptons either and they report for work thinking they are in the clear. I saw a news report that a lot of tests have been giving false reports within the first 3 to 5 days of getting sick initially, so that doesn't help either.

Comment

Prayer sent^

But she's highly unlikely to get in a bad way, based on the numbers, even as exposed as she is in that job. Still though, understandable that she's nervous!

Comment

Up

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                              Most likely staff, a lot of the patients show no symptons so there is no way to really keep it under control. So far like 14 employees have tested positive along with the owner. Tough when an employees shows no symptons either and they report for work thinking they are in the clear. I saw a news report that a lot of tests have been giving false reports within the first 3 to 5 days of getting sick initially, so that doesn't help either.
                              That's nuts how some people show zero symptoms and others die. Thoughts are with your wife and the rest of the staff to stay strong and continue being able to care for their inhabitants.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X