No announcement yet.

Rain, rain, go.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of rain in East Tx and where I live. Basically wet year round the last three years.

Comment

I'll take all I can get and then some here where I live. This sugar sand will soak it up.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I don’t know how that’s possible. I’m not far away and it rained 3+” last week too. It’s not close to dry down here.
        I live in gorda, it rained Wednesday and last night, frogs are happy

Comment

No rain gauge here but looking at my pool we’ve got almost 3 inches and still raining. I’m south of Ftw

Comment

We’ve had a quite a bit, too. Seems like it’s been wet for a couple of years. Rivers & lakes have been up for a couple years now and it’s been challenging at times to get stuff done.

Bull Shoals is 29’ high
            Norfolk is close to 21’ high

Seems like lots of guys got close to PP dates for the second year in a row, but I guess for the most part I’d rather it be wet than dry. Only thing it’s really got me behind on is fertilizing.

Comment

I'm only 15 miles from Alvin and I've been needin rain since January! Those little .15" showers we got about once every 2 weeks ain't squat. Saw about 2" in the gage @ 4AM before going to work, and I Don't know how much I ended up with, but needed every bit of it.

Comment

3" here. Pond is still down 2'. More rain please...

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                  This was Kemah boardwalk area yesterday
                  [ATTACH]1003977[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That picture sure has made its rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                    I'm only 15 miles from Alvin and I've been needin rain since January! Those little .15" showers we got about once every 2 weeks ain't squat. Saw about 2" in the gage @ 4AM before going to work, and I Don't know how much I ended up with, but needed every bit of it.
                    And that's all I got!

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
                      After the drought of 96, I have decided to never complain about rain.

An old ranch hand told be that his dad told him " You can make more money off of mud than dust."
                      Worst year ever. Corn dint get knee high and cattle selling at .45 cents a lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                        Worst year ever. Corn dint get knee high and cattle selling at .45 cents a lb.
                        I remember a rancher in my area who had registered longhorns. He has selling them on the rail to a slaughterhouse in Sealy because he could get the heads back. Said the heads were worth more than the rest of the cow.

A few years ago, I told the story to his son. He asked if I wanted to buy some of those heads. Apparently, they didn't sell them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X