Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Fuel Line PSA - "EPA" Fuel Lines SUCK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
    BY FAR the best advice in this thread, IMOP, is avoid ethanol fuel at ALL costs.....it's sh#t.....a joke IMOP

I bought simple black automotive fuel line.... worked like a charm
    It’s easy to avoid ethanol fuel if there’s a station nearby. Closest one is 30 minutes in the wrong direction for me, so I’m stuck with ethanol fuel for the boat unfortunately.

Comment

I usually just go by NAPA and buy the fuel line by the foot about once a year and change it all out. Ethanol is the death of small engines.

Btw, I haven't researched it yet but they say that if you get checked by the coast guard then you better have the marine grade fuel line and not the black automobile fuel line.

Comment

If it’s grey throw it away.

Comment

E free fuel is the wrong way for me also. But, if I need it i take two 5 gallon cans and go get it.

An hour drive is better than half a day replacing crap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            I use non ethanol fuel as much as possible. Helps. I just wish someone around POC would get regular gasoline. All they have that I know of in the area is corn gas

According to https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX Charlie's Tackle in Seadrift has it. Also check Port Alto Marina in Port Lavaca.

Comment

I had to replace my fuel lines a couple years ago. We have a Bucees within a few miles that sells ethanol free, so that’s all I use now. I’ve had too many issues with ethanol gas in everything.

Comment

Those EPA hoses also shrink and get stiff too.

Comment

auto fuel line from autozone or any other auto parts store

Comment

I need to replace mine. Going with auto parts bulk hose. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

****....I have been fighting an issue on my outboard.....

Going to check right now....

Comment

following,,,

Comment

I put 35 miles on my boat yesterday. I need to do this before it leaves me stranded.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Sackett. Ive stopped using ethanol fuel in all my small engines and boat motors...and its made a world of difference in operability and maintenance of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I use non ethanol fuel as much as possible. Helps. I just wish someone around POC would get regular gasoline. All they have that I know of in the area is corn gas
                              Not poc but the stripes at the goose island turnoff before the causeway in Rockport has non ethanol at the new pumps behind the station. It was $3.61 a gallon last week...we burn about 100 gallons a week this time of year, I’m taking my chances on corn gas at a $1.50 . Honestly have not had any ethanol issues but my boats don’t sit for more than a few days most of the year and I add 2 cans of seafoam at every fill up.

Bummer on the gray hose op, glad you got it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X