Essential to Business letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    I am the employer. People asking about writing letters are most likely decision makers and people responsible for the livelihood of others like me.
    "Wait til someone hands it to you" is not in any part of my job description.
    Same. Thats the point I have been trying to make. People are getting them. That means someone, somewhere is issuing them. Maybe its their legal team? Maybe DHS directly? I emailed DHS yesterday, havent received a response yet. I have perused the DHS site and cant find anywhere where it says to officially obtain clearance, or the letter. We qualify according to their requirements. I am probably going to type one up. We can fight it later.

Comment

[ATTACH]996795[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Same. Thats the point I have been trying to make. People are getting them. That means someone, somewhere is issuing them. Maybe its their legal team? Maybe DHS directly? I emailed DHS yesterday, havent received a response yet. I have perused the DHS site and cant find anywhere where it says to officially obtain clearance, or the letter. We qualify according to their requirements. I am probably going to type one up. We can fight it later.

I’m in the same boat, we fall under essential business but I have no letters for my guys that have to travel to/from work.

Comment

[ATTACH]996796[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]996797[/ATTACH]

Comment

I doubt LEO's will be pulling anyone over to check. Sounds like about half of the working population is considered "essential." That's way too many people to try and enforce much at all.

Comment

They are internally generated by each company is what I am told. Not a true govt document.

We will be making our own today.

Comment

I don’t have a letter but you can take a look at my business card and it becomes clear that I’m with an essential business.

I don’t think people are gonna be given a hard to time to prove that they’re with an essential business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                  They are internally generated by each company is what I am told. Not a true govt document.

yep. no government is handing them out.

hell, I work for the government and didn't get one.

Comment

Reach out to some of your customers asking them to write one for you listing your company as a critical vendor.

We have done that with a few of our customers and our president and legal team are using those to keep operations going.

Comment

Or you just go about your way and deal with it later. Like hell am I staying inside because big brother says so. I want to run to the lease I **** well am running to the lease. What is the constitutionality of all this nonsense anyway? Curfews etc think we were in China or something.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I’m in the same boat, we fall under essential business but I have no letters for my guys that have to travel to/from work.
                        I've can share mine if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post

I did ours yesterday. Basically used the excerpt from his statement that pertained to us on company letterhead and a "what they are doing" description.

Comment

I hear all the checkers, sackers and stockers down at the local piggly wiggly already have their official letters and have laminated them.

They are all essential personnel.

The law is gonna have a real hard time enforcing any lockdowns or stay in your home orders. Pretty much anybody with a job it seems like is essential one way or another.

Comment

We fall under the CISA and DHS, ESS section. all we did as a company was text out a screenshot of that particular section that identifies our business sector as a Critical Infrastructure business within the Emergency Services Sector. Every employee now has a copy of it.

Comment

I have not received a letter yet. I work in Chambers county, live in Harris county and have not had any issues yet. As far as I know my company is not going to issue this documentation to carry with us. It does suck knowing at any time the plants can shut down all work. We have one client that is making everybody go through their medical and get your temperature taking daily before you can enter their property.

Comment

Working...
                                X