Shutdown versus COVID deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    I’ve been watching them confiscate property with eminent domain for a long time. Usually just leaves landowners pizzed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It also created many rich landowners. I dont support ED for the most part.

This is different than pipelines and roads.

Comment

You probably won’t like the compensation offered.

With compensation approaching zero at most hotels now...……...hum, I would be good with something.
      Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      It also created many rich landowners. I dont support ED for the most part.

This is different than pipelines and roads.
      U aint never lied. There are always winners and losers in eminent domain but nobody has won that lawsuit and came out unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        With compensation approaching zero at most hotels now...……...hum, I would be good with something.

U aint never lied. There are always winners and losers in eminent domain but nobody has won that lawsuit and came out unscathed.

I’ll give you that.

Comment

Crowded ER’s? I tried to sit out a kidney stone the past few days and couldn’t stand it anymore. Last thing I wanted to do right now was go to the hospital. So I finally drive myself to the ER yesterday and there wasn’t anyone in there. The nurses were telling me that they weren’t getting their usual paper cut cases and the regulars that come in with abdominal every couple of weeks. They said people are staying away and it’s been kinda slow.

My wife works in radiology at the main hospital and their Flexing a lot of folks because they are not busy. All routine/voluntary exams have been cancelled so they don’t need a full staff

Comment

I’ll give you that.

Here is the play

FEMA - Mr. Patel we would like to rent your hotel indefinite for the sick.
            Mr. Patel - OK full price plus incidentals and repairs needed are on you.
            FEMA - Done, plus we will disinfect and repair MEPs as needed. Probably replace chiller, laundry facility blah blah blah.
            Mr Patel - OK

Months later

FEMA - we are ready to vacate.
            Mr Patel - You exhausted my paint, carpets, and FFE. I need all this replaced please.
            FEMA - yup here is your 500K check update property for for guest.
            Mr Patel - Thanks (cashed check and keeps the property as he got it)

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              What does " up to par " consist of?
              I should clarify Medicaid and Medicare suck. A a large number of the most susceptible people are probably on one of these.

Comment

IMO if our healthcare system was up to par, this would not be an issue.

I think its more about crappy healthcare system and the bureaucracy of it all.
                Name one country that has a better healthcare system. People come from all over the world to receive treatment in the US because we have the best healthcare system in the world.

Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                  Name one country that has a better healthcare system. People come from all over the world to receive treatment in the US because we have the best healthcare system in the world.

Please explain.
                  I did, see thread. Its the system that sucks, not the advancement in medicine. I have elderly parents and dealing with Medicare sucks. My Mom can have an appointment for a rash on her arm. While she is there same rash on her leg showed up since she made the appointment...she has to schedule another appt. Doctor is not paid to look at two things in one visit. Ridiculous IMO.

Comment

Here is the play

FEMA - Mr. Patel we would like to rent your hotel indefinite for the sick.
                    Mr. Patel - OK full price plus incidentals and repairs needed are on you.
                    FEMA - Done, plus we will disinfect and repair MEPs as needed. Probably replace chiller, laundry facility blah blah blah.
                    Mr Patel - OK

Months later

FEMA - we are ready to vacate.
                    Mr Patel - You exhausted my paint, carpets, and FFE. I need all this replaced please.
                    FEMA - yup here is your 500K check update property for for guest.
                    Mr Patel - Thanks (cashed check and keeps the property as he got it)
                    Not only is the scenario correct but you got the hotel owner name correct too....very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                      How many will commit suicide?
                      There are disturbing studies suggesting we'll see more suicide deaths due to ruin than China virus in the years to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post

Please explain.
                        I do believe a lot Americans travel to other countries for healthcare too...

Due to cost here or FDA regs. I have several Hispanics that work for me, they can run (whites can too) to Mexico with a few thousand cash and get same surgery here thats tens of thousands. If folks are scared of Mexico and think the doctors are stupid and beds are dirty, well your wrong.

If you dont believe there is better health care options in limited practices in other parts of the world and we are the best of them all at everything, well I cant help you understand my view.

Comment

It's also the lack of beds per capita...forgot where I read or heard it but south korea has like 5-10x the beds per capita compared to the US hospitals.

Using hotels with fair compensation would help.

If you have money Mexico has some great dr's & facilities thats pay per service...not so much for the masses. Back when, We had an employee who had an issue where he needed a lot of blood & would not be given any unless an equal or more was donated. We had to stop the lines for volunteers to give & this wasn't during any sort of pandemic. Just another good ole day sotb.
                          Last edited by Artos; 03-23-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            My wife works in radiology at the main hospital and their Flexing a lot of folks because they are not busy. All routine/voluntary exams have been cancelled so they don’t need a full staff

I don’t know about the main part of the hospital, but as I was going over to radiology for a CT scan all of the rooms that I was looking in were empty. I’m of the opinion that this economically crippling virus has already been here for 3 or 4 months and you would think every hospital would be overrun by now? I’ve turned the TV and news off so maybe I’m just not seeing the overcrowding in hospitals in the more metropolitan areas. I do know that the other couple of times that I’ve been in that ER that is by far the slowest I’ve ever seen it. Where are all the deathly ill people at?

Comment

never thought of it like this...... I just wonder how long can we keep the country on pause until it hits a breaking point. people are going to be getting crazy cabin fever and with how dates of when things should return to normal keep getting puished back i can see a lot of folks taking severe mental health hits. gonna add more crazies ontop of all the other liberal crazies we deal with now.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                It's also the lack of beds per capita...forgot where I read or heard it but south korea has like 5-10x the beds per capita compared to the US hospitals.

Using hotels with fair compensation would help.

If you have money Mexico has some great dr's & facilities thats pay per service...not so much for the masses. Back when, We had an employee who had an issue where he needed a lot of blood & would not be given any unless an equal or more was donated. We had to stop the lines for volunteers to give & this wasn't during any sort of pandemic. Just another good ole day sotb.

So where do you think they’ll get the medical providers to staff hotels turned into hospitals?

Comment

Working...
                                X