No announcement yet.

Which Wheelgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Ruger Redhawk in .454 Casul also shoots 45LC.

Show no mercy with Buffalo Bore bear loads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Came across a good deal on this 45 redhawk. Also came with a box of buffalo bore 260 grain JHP that is running 1400fps out of this gun.
      Good choice!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Came across a good deal on this 45 redhawk. Also came with a box of buffalo bore 260 grain JHP that is running 1400fps out of this gun.

Nice choice! Love me some hot .45LC from my 10" T/C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
          You know, Ruger makes a Redhawk 8 shot 357 mag.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Borrowed this pic from the internet
          That is a nice looking gun

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I sure wish they would make a SS Redhawk run in .41 Mag with the 5.5" barrel again.
            I have a SS Blackhawk bisley in 41 mag, love it.

Why not a 44 mag and just shoot 44 specials for practice?

Comment

Looking at a Ruger Redhawk .45, Redhawk.357, or GP100 10mm. It will be carried for hunting, home defense, in the truck, etc.

What does the GS say, and why?
              Look at the Smith and Wesson in .41 Magnum

Comment

Nice ! I think you'll like it.

Comment

A few decades back when I was a LEO, my carry was a GP100 357m, full lug. It was scary accurate for a pistol. I took deer and javi’s With it also, the hollow points were mean.

Comment

A 44mag with cheap magtec or whitebox is probably better than the best loads of the others

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      A 44mag with cheap magtec or whitebox is probably better than the best loads of the others
                      You’d be surprised...

Comment

A 357 Mag. or a 10 mm would both be nice choices for what you are talking about using a pistol for. I personally would be looking at S&W or Colts. I have owned a lot of Rugers over the years, after a bit of work they were pretty good shooting guns. But after all of the work done to those guns, a out of the box S&W beats a Ruger any day. Same with Colt. Colts look best by far, but I prefer a well worked S&W or at least the older S&Ws, not sure about the recent stuff. Some of the recent stuff, out of their custom shop, makes me drool. I have shot many worked over S&Ws, that were amazing. I could shoot those things all day, trying to shoot those things to their ability. By far the most accurate hand guns I have ever fired, were a couple of S&W revolvers that had been seriously worked over and turned into wad guns. I never thought a revolver could shoot that good. I did not know I could shoot a hand gun that well. One was a 38 wad cutter, the other was a 45 wad cutter.
                        A 10mm revolver would be cool. I would like to collect 10mms some day. I love the little round, they hit pretty hard. I also love 357 Mags., 44 Mags. and 454s. Never shot a 41 Mag. I would not mind collecting a bunch of each caliber. 454s are usually not needed for self defense in Texas, but there are occasions when it is a good choice. Like when some guy is trying to run you over with his Chevy 2500 HD.
                        I want to get back to wheel guns some day, but not going to be a Ruger. The only reason I would carry a wheel gun, is a very nice, light, crisp trigger, that you don't get with a auto, I definitely miss those guns.

Comment

I have a GP100 357 in classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                          X