Healthy Wild Game Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy Wild Game Recipes

After looking through some of the recipes, they all looked awesome but unfortunately not the healthiest things in the world. Like many people I get sick of the chicken, rice and veggies. Are there any wild game recipes that are more healthy and not bland that you guys like? Obviously the ground venison and steaks are healthy but if prepared the same they get old after a while. TIA

Are tacos on the menu? If so, cut up backstrap into small cubes, season however and cook that up in a pan. Just something different than ground meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Are tacos on the menu? If so, cut up backstrap into small cubes, season however and cook that up in a pan. Just something different than ground meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not a bad idea at all! Of course tacos are on the menu.

I made a roast this weekend with sweet potato, onion apples and sugar free apple cider instead of beef broth. It was amazing.

Comment

cube up and cook in pressure cooker with beef brother and pepper. take cauliflower and steam- then whip in blender like mashed potatoes. put what you cooked in pressure cooker and mix with fake potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          cube up and cook in pressure cooker with beef brother and pepper. take cauliflower and steam- then whip in blender like mashed potatoes. put what you cooked in pressure cooker and mix with fake potatoes.
          Now thats what I am talking about! Thank you! I love cauliflower mash and cauliflower rice

Comment

I like to take asparagus trim the woody ends up, coat with olive oil then grill on a griddle or iron skillet till tender then sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. I use this as a side dish when I cook backstrap, pork loins, etc.

Comment

We do low carb taco bowl's, no tortilla's no rice
              Just meat, salsa, cheese and black beans and lettuce.

Comment

We also do salsbury steak with onions and mushroom's.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Done this many times. I usually will add mushrooms to the Instant Pot with the Venison. Comes out fork tender in 30 minutes.

Comment

This may be unhelpful... but what you really need to look at is just how to cook healthy, especially with lean meat. It being wild game has little to do with anything. Also, what you consider healthy others may not depending on your diet.

I don't like fatty foods. I make my own sausage and I use less fat. All this means is to make sure it isn't dry, I have to pay closer attention to cooking temps and making sure it doesn't over cook. A fatty sausage helps those who don't know how to grill because there is sooooo much room for error. You can cut the fat and still have a great sausage as long as you don't over cook it. Same goes for pan sausage.

Taco soups are good, crockpot roasts, pulled pork tacos with guac instead of cream cheese, etc.

At the end of the day... anything we could cook with beef, we can do with venison an we do that... DIY processing in my opinion is the best start to eating healthier because you can package the portion sizes appropriately, do your own smoke pulled pork, etc, etc.

DIY processing & Healthy Cooking (books/articles/blogs) are the way to go.

Comment

In for some information as well. I get burned out after a week of the same thing

Comment

Working...
                      X