Gun business--essential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun business--essential

Trump just classified gun industry as essential.

https://www.thegunwriter.com/25025/b...al-businesses/

Go Trump !

Comment

Huge lines at Cabelas the other day for guns. Seems to me if you are not armed already you are late to the game. I am indifferent to them declaring gun sales essential.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Huge lines at Cabelas the other day for guns. Seems to me if you are not armed already you are late to the game. I am indifferent to them declaring gun sales essential.
        lol

federal gov't says you have a right to bear arms.

local municipalities says nah you have no right to those, we're ceasing sales.

Comment

Cut n pasted from a NRA ILA email.

Today, at the request of State Representative Dustin Burrows, Attorney General Ken Paxton issued an opinion on whether city and county officials can prohibit the sale of firearms through an emergency order or declaration by excluding firearm manufacturers and retailers as "essential businesses." Attorney General Paxton's opinion states that Section 229.001(a) and 236.002(a) of the Texas Local Government Code prohibits municipalities and counties from adoption regulations related to the transfer of and commerce in firearms, and that these emergency stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders may not regulate or restrict the sale of firearms.

Recently, local officials from Austin, Lubbock and Waco, as well as Bexar, Dallas, Harris, Tarrant and Travis counties adopted (and in some cases modified) orders forcing some gun stores to code and be denied law-abiding Texans the right to purchase a firearm for protection during these uncertain times.
          Thanks go out to Representative Burrows for his timely request and to General Paxton for protecting the Second Amendment in the Lone Star State by issuing this critical opinion affirming that the state firearms preemption statute overrides these local orders. Additionally, thanks also go out to State Representative Travis Clardy and State Senator Pat Fallon for sponsoring and passing House Bill 3231 during the 2019 Legislative session and to Governor Greg Abbott for signing it into law. HB 3231 strengthened and made important clarification to Texas' state firearms preemption statute.

Comment

Indifferent = does not support 2nd A.

Comment

Gun business--essential

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post

It’s par for the course with ole Drainodano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy literally cleaned his pistol shelves in 3 days last week

He said it's been nuts. People buying crap and not even knowing what they bought. One lady came in looking for 870 ammo. When asked gauge she said no, 870.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  My buddy literally cleaned his pistol shelves in 3 days last week

He said it's been nuts. People buying crap and not even knowing what they bought. One lady came in looking for 870 ammo. When asked gauge she said no, 870.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  I love it ! The more people who have never had guns, now buying guns, the more people will be against gun control. Just makes it that much harder for the libs, and I’m for that.

Comment

yup...first time buyers are a huge portion of the current rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                      I have a fair collection of weapons and support all law abiding citizens who own weapons. Just saying I could personally care less if sporting good retailers are closed during this time. The people who know are already prepared.

Comment

I have a fair collection of weapons and support all law abiding citizens who own weapons. Just saying I could personally care less if sporting good retailers are closed during this time. The people who know are already prepared.
                        I care that ANY business has to close, some people want/need to work!

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                          I care that ANY business has to close, some people want/need to work!
                          That I can understand. I wish everyone the best with the situation we all stand to lose in this - some their job, others their investments. I hope it ends soon and you and yours are safe.

Comment

So because you are prepared you are then willing to lump all first time buyers of primary defensive weapons regardless of them coming of age for a long gun or handgun, (different ages) only had bolt / over/under hunting rig, or buying one for a family member in the high risk & simply drop them in the grease & don't care a governor due to political reasons makes a gun biz close??

Pompous attitude (I'm good, who cares about the rest. They should have been ready)...look outside your box & just simply consider everyone who is legally able to use their 2nd amid rights should be supported by any & every patriot. It's the **** right thing to do to make firearm sales essential & your repeated indifference is pathetic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              So because you are prepared you are then willing to lump all first time buyers of primary defensive weapons regardless of them coming of age for a long gun or handgun, (different ages) only had bolt / over/under hunting rig, or buying one for a family member in the high risk & simply drop them in the grease & don't care a governor due to political reasons makes a gun biz close??

Pompous attitude (I'm good, who cares about the rest. They should have been ready)...look outside your box & just simply consider everyone who is legally able to use their 2nd amid rights should be supported by any & every patriot. It's the **** right thing to do to make firearm sales essential & your repeated indifference is pathetic!!
                              Very well said Artos ol friend!!

Pathetic for his general wussified views on most issues discussed on here lately is a serious understatement!

Comment

Working...
                              X