Today’s youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today’s youth

Will my step daughter was finishing up her masters and for a part time job thought it would be nice to substitute teach some. This lasted about a month. Last week a student called her a b!$&@ and you know what the school did. Not one thing except talk to the kid in the hallway and send him back to class. That was her last day ! She could not believe that admin did not support her more than that. I can’t believe it either.

I had this career change thought a couple years ago, and wanted to be a teacher/coach. I did exactly ONE semester of student teaching freshman level. I quickly realized I would rather stay a cop and embrace the suck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gone are the days where disrespecting the teacher would result in a few shift licks to the arse with a paddle.....liberal sissies and no discipline at home has lead to moral decay amongst kids these days.

Comment

My wife and some of her family work in the school system. Its shocking to hear some of the stories and the lack of disciplinary actions. Even in elementary.

Comment

My wife is an assistance principle for elementary here in SA. She came home with bite marks on her arm the other day from a kindergardener. Some of the stories are just jaw dropping. Their hands are tied so much.

Comment

Bienvinedos la escuela. Wife’s been teaching 18yrs. Once the kids figure out there are no consequences, they cant be controlled. She has a special one this year that thinks he’s a thug while going to a school in a high rent area. She’s been unable to connect with him at all and sat down a few months ago and told him about the kid he most reminds her of that she taught around 8yrs ago. He’s sitting on death row.

Comment

I blame the parents...man, when I got in trouble in school I was more worried about getting home vs already getting whoop'd by 'mr. grouch'.

Now the parents stick up for the little brats & threaten the teachers / admins & sure this alone is making many good educators take another path.

Comment

This time last year my wife had retired from the senior health care industry but in August decided to try substitute teaching 2-3 days a week just for something to do. Fortunately she got some good advice from friends that are current or former teachers in the district. They told her to stay with 2nd up to 5th grade. Any younger is like herding cats and older you start dealing with surly and disrespectful twerps. One good thing about being a sub is you are not expected to deal with the real troublemakers
                Last edited by jerp; 02-17-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  I had this career change thought a couple years ago, and wanted to be a teacher/coach. I did exactly ONE semester of student teaching freshman level. I quickly realized I would rather stay a cop and embrace the suck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  I'm in theexact same boat. My wife teaches and I don't know how she does it.

Comment

This is not only the parents it is the Central Office personnel, school boards and state governments that allow this.

If you really want to see the belly of the beast come spend one week with my unit of behavior kids from K thru 5th grade and you will see what goes on. We as teachers and administrators are helpless against these heathens. Then main reason i am retiring on May 22 is it will not get any better only worse. People in this country are destroying the education system as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by artos View Post
                      i blame the parents...man, when i got in trouble in school i was more worried about getting home vs already getting whoop'd by 'mr. Grouch'.

Now the parents stick up for the little brats & threaten the teachers / admins & sure this alone is making many good educators take another path.
                      this!!!!!

Comment

ok, I got a few questions or statements or thoughts on this.
                        Is this a liberal thing or a societal thing. I am not talking politics, I am speaking from a community change that has taken place over the last 35 years or so. This is not ONLY in the not so pleasant neighborhoods but also in the upper crust suburbs from what I have observed and read on TBH over the decades. So one question is......ARE WE the problem? Before you answer don't say MY KIDS are not the ones causing issues......as that is NOT the question. Do WE have to look in the mirror and say we have not held up our end of the bargain called public/private education??? Did the greatest generation say the baby boomers are horrible? Are the baby boomers saying we messed up our kids? Or are both groups saying WE did our best and ONLY WANTED THINGS better than what we had growing up? I look at these threads and have mixed thoughts on the subject.

Comment

No way I would be a teacher these days with the **** pay and punk *** kids. I'd end up strangling the disrespectful little *******s.

Comment

My cousin is a school teacher and coach for a middle school. An 8th grader, who has been a huge pain the entire year, stepped up to my cousin and threatened to hit him. My cousin, after about 3 months of taking crap and not being able to do anything about it because the kid has issues, said something of go ahead, step up and take a swing. I'll knock your *** to the ground.

Guess who went to the assistant principal's office? Not the kid. Sad.

I dunno if it's the youth though. Am I wrong in saying every generation for the last 100 years has had sh!*head kids in it? Haven't there always been kids acting out? I think the problem, at least based on OP's story and mine, that we've taken away rules, punishment and consequences. And that's on adults. I blame the left.
                            Last edited by ctom87; 02-17-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Taught H.S. for 5 years... The best part was June, July, and Half of August.

Comment

Working...
                              X