Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #51
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

Tyler (Smith County) went mandatory SIP last night. I know someone that was pulled over this morning asking where they were going, they said grocery store (which was true) and it was no big deal. I was surprised iteven happened
Rick is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2020, 10:36 AM   #52
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Tyler (Smith County) went mandatory SIP last night. I know someone that was pulled over this morning asking where they were going, they said grocery store (which was true) and it was no big deal. I was surprised iteven happened
Mandatory? Those Barney fife types will have a hay day.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #53
bigchiefj
Six Point

Quote:
Were they stopped just because they were out, or were they breaking a traffic law.
bigchiefj is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #54
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It was Highland Park...they were profiling.

I've been stopped in Highland Park for no reason other than to determine why I'm in their hood.
I have been diving through highland / university park since 1974, and i have never been pulled over there. Granted, lots of those times i have been a company vehicle known to do business there. I truly believe in the thousands of times in have been in a private vehicle, i wasn't pulled over because i am white.
I know several non white people who have been pulled over the first time they drove through, and will not go back. I dont think it is as bad today as it was years ago.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #55
GoneSouth
Eight Point

Quote:
http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news...at-home-order/
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #56
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchiefj View Post
Were they stopped just because they were out, or were they breaking a traffic law.
They said they were about 2 blocks from house in their subdiision going to grocery store. This person is one of the ones that is worked up about all these SIP orders, and I am one of the ones that think they are political BS. Who knows, it may not have happened at all, they may have just told me that to support their point. I have no way to confirm 100% that it happened
Rick is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top