No announcement yet.

Dallas County Shelter In Place Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is closed. It is about what you are doing. Banks, grocery, pharmacy, grocery stores open. Everything else will be closed. I think they will consider drive thru just like a grocery store saying it is essential. I know my wife and I will both be working

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Everything is closed. It is about what you are doing. Banks, grocery, pharmacy, grocery stores open. Everything else will be closed. I think they will consider drive thru just like a grocery store saying it is essential. I know my wife and I will both be working
      I dont think construction sites will close..But how we will we get materials?

Construction is clearly listed as essential, so if GCs or owners elect to voluntary shut down sites, then who pays? Contracts are pretty clear if other party issues stop work, we still get a portion of expected profits.

This will get ugly too. FYI I dont care enough to sue or ask for profits, but not every sub contractor will feel the same way.
      Last edited by Spearchunker; 03-22-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

What this means is if you are not helping with the pandemic, business will be closed. Grocery stores are still opened. When you have no production, I sure hope government steps up to give out loans.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        What is the diffence in this and what we are doing now? Can you still go get food? Are restaruants still allowed to be open for to go orders or delivery? Can you leave to go elsewhere?

Comment

Construction will be closed overnight. We do a ton of construction work, but GCs can’t afford the liability.

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post

Comment

I'll be working, just like I have been.

Comment

Well, that explains all the folks at the grocery store. Drove into Keller today from the lake where we are holed up. Had to get the mail and check on things. Also brought back more venison and stuff from the freezer. Thankful to be a hunter. Also got the kids out on the lake bringing in the catfish.

Comment

Construction is clearly listed as essential, so if GCs or owners elect to voluntary shut down sites, then who pays? Contracts are pretty clear if other party issues stop work, we still get a portion of expected profits.

This will get ugly too. FYI I dont care enough to sue or ask for profits, but not every sub contractor will feel the same way.

Construction is still ongoing. As a GC, I can tell you that we will absolutely not shut down on our own. They will have to force us to close the gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]996630[/ATTACH]

Comment

Those charts and graphs that Clay Jenkins shared were very sobering. If they are even close to correct, God help us all !

Comment

What are the cops gonna do, arrest people? LOL, that ain’t happening.

Comment

Nothing clay jenkins shares is correct

Comment

Dallas County Shelter In Place Order

Not much gonna change, pretty much already happened. Still can fish and farm tho

Comment

It is going to get real ugly. There will be some many interpretations of what this really means.

Comment

We had a plant in New Jersey that was given some form of shelter in place by the City Mayor and actually gave the plant some form of paperwork claiming they had to shutdown. Legal got involved and apparently if your in any form of manufacturing this stuff doesn't apply.

Comment

I have no comment, but this is really stupid of our government and local officials just saying!

Comment

Working...
                                X