Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your thoughts on voting opposite ticket in primary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your thoughts on voting opposite ticket in primary?

I'm thinking of voting opposite ticket during the primary this year. Most all positions of my party are running unopposed, so voting is kind of a mute point. I think my vote would be better served voting on the other side for candidates closest to my positions on the issues. Anyone else do that?

I am thinking about voting in the other primary. My choice would the candidates that are least likely to get elected. Trying to make my side more likely to win

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
      I am thinking about voting in the other primary. My choice would the candidates that are least likely to get elected. Trying to make my side more likely to win
      I can see doing that at the top of the ticket, but not as much state and local.

Comment

operation chaos

Comment

It's actually a pretty common practice...

Comment

I thought if you were registered as one or the other that’s the only one you could vote in !

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              I can see doing that at the top of the ticket, but not as much state and local.
              Yep good way to lose state and local voice

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                I thought if you were registered as one or the other that’s the only one you could vote in !
                They have registered party affiliation in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  They have registered party affiliation in Texas?
                  No to the party affiliation. You can vote in either the dem. or republican primary, but not both.

Comment

There is registered party affiliation, but Texas is an open elections state. You can vote in either primary, but not (legally) in both. Also, if there's a primary run-off, you can not switch parties. Once the general election is held, you then are free to vote for anyone in either party.

Comment

I'm not giving up my chance to vote against Big John Cornyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        I'm not giving up my chance to vote against Big John Cornyn.
                        Amen. I voted against him in the primary the last time he was running. The guy couldnt care less about the people of Texas.

Comment

Agreed about voting against Cornyn... Trouble is, there's 5 candidates for his spot in the primary... we need to consolidate behind one to at least force Cornyn into a run-off... My support (and a bunch of folks here in Liberty County) will be behind Stovall. He's a local guy with a very public record of business and politics and is highly regarded with good integrity in the business community as far as I have been able to find out. I think his conservative values will serve us well as a US Senator, and I think he's sharp enough and has a good enough organization around him and his campaign to take on any DumboKraut they may throw at him... JMHO...

Comment

My dad is 84 years old and weighs a good 50 pounds less than me. But he'd kick my ***** if he even thought I voted in the 'other' primary.
                            Because these bozos (Cornyn in particular) will not do anything to support term limits (which I am convinced would solve much of the political strife in our country), I will vote against any and every incumbent in the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Agreed about voting against Cornyn... Trouble is, there's 5 candidates for his spot in the primary... we need to consolidate behind one to at least force Cornyn into a run-off... My support (and a bunch of folks here in Liberty County) will be behind Stovall. He's a local guy with a very public record of business and politics and is highly regarded with good integrity in the business community as far as I have been able to find out. I think his conservative values will serve us well as a US Senator, and I think he's sharp enough and has a good enough organization around him and his campaign to take on any DumboKraut they may throw at him... JMHO...
                              Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                              X