2019 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darton that deer has some serious mass.
    Would a measurement between the g3 and g4 count? since it’s palmated/forked? Either way, that certainly wouldn’t be a deciding factor when that buck steps out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice trophies AntlersBoy. Looks like you’ve got the woods and deer figured out!

Comment

BG is up at the lease right now scoping things out since we were last out there. We are north of Ratttan and it looks like they either did a control burn or we were hit by a wildfire. Several cameras burned up but stands look to be ok, will double check when I get up there. Hopefully this hasn't ruined our season.

AntlersBoy are you aware of any fires up there in the last month or so? We are between Rattan to the south and Finley to the north.

Comment

The wildfire started a little ways down the road from our camp. I know the guys leasing the place that burned. They lost there camp, bad deal. Some believe it was arson. Sorry to hear some of your equipment burned as well MW.

Comment

Yes we’ve had some bad bad fires, that cloudy area has been burning off and on for 3 weeks, keeps flaring back up, That big rain we got last week I think finally killed it. Another huge fire north of there on one creek valley road, burned a fire fighter kid up pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
              Darton that deer has some serious mass.
              Would a measurement between the g3 and g4 count? since it’s palmated/forked? Either way, that certainly wouldn’t be a deciding factor when that buck steps out.

That right side circumference measurement could get iffy if it’s kicking off g3 instead of main beam. But that’s an awesome deer. You got a age or an history with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                The wildfire started a little ways down the road from our camp. I know the guys leasing the place that burned. They lost there camp, bad deal. Some believe it was arson. Sorry to hear some of your equipment burned as well MW.

Talked to the timber company today and they think it is arson. The main fire is a couple miles south of us. 150 acres on our place is burned. It’s a sad sight up here.

Comment

Some fire on our place too. Seems regular up there about this time every year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran into town to hit the laundry mat and grab lunch.
                    Pulled my camera cards and looks like the horses and cows really like Big and j bb2 attractant. Didn’t see anything yesterday evening. This morning had two yearlings and doe. Later the cows tried moving back in, until I ran them off.

Hope I don’t bump into mama bear.

Comment

How does the bear hunting up there work? Do you buy permits?

Comment

Had to of bought it before Oct 1st. But you can still get a black powder bear tag but there will be a quota for it...usually

Comment

Another push county maybe, he’s 5 this year only makes about a weeks worth of cam footage on my place then moves back to boarding ranch. If I can give him 2 more years he will be special. What you guys think he will score?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1808.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	24595320

Comment

Main frame 9. Cam set to low, makes him look huge, remember 7” ears then measure him from there. I don’t have a pic that looks like this of him. Off a fellow leasers cam but know the deer very well

Comment

This is his daddy back in 15 and then again in 16Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	24595321

Comment

Y'all got some serious good genetics up there. Wow. He looks great to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X