• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my popcorn ready....

Comment

Micklethwait BBQ ? new to me, will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
        You driving to Florida? Hope you make it through Alabama flying the orange flag on your Prius!
        I'm staying on this sand bar till this thing blows over

Comment

So I'm not allowed to have sauce? Dang!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
            You driving to Florida? Hope you make it through Alabama flying the orange flag on your Prius!
            7-1-1 are my boys in football against bama....no prob.

They know how "lucky" they were to get that one.

My Prius has 24" rims.

Comment

hey bob whats the scoop on, Rocky Creek BBQ, Hamilton Pool Road? hearing lots of go try?

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                They make some awesome sausages and recently won a beef rib competition in Austin. They make their own bread and great deserts too.
                I haven't tried their beef ribs but the sausage there is awesome. Brisket is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Seriously? Never heard of J Mueller and the evil sister LA BBQ? Bigtime players. The Mueller family out of Taylor. There was another thread. LOL.

As far as the sauce comment from King Blowhard himself......it's like steak sauce.....
                  BoB,

Explain the "EVIL" sister paying off big brothers $68,000 debt? The original picture is so much better than what I blacked out. John is such a low life his sister has to pay off his $68,000 debt to somewhat save face with the family name.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 03-17-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    Share with the class?
                    If it was good and in Burnet and good I am sure it was the BBQ Shack on 29 about a mile west of 281. Multiple generations of the family working there with Mr. Robert doing the cooking and cutting. Feed store and the square don't even compare!! Check em out Courtney, you won't be disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      BoB,

Explain the "EVIL" sister paying off big brothers $68,000 debt? The original picture is so much better than what I blacked out. John is such a low life his sister has to pay off his $68,000 debt to somewhat save face with the family name.
                      I saw that on fb too. Nice edits. I did find a russell becker that ownes a constuction co. In austin and has a wife with the same name.
                      Last edited by Birddog66; 03-18-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal View Post
                        If it was good and in Burnet and good I am sure it was the BBQ Shack on 29 about a mile west of 281. Multiple generations of the family working there with Mr. Robert doing the cooking and cutting. Feed store and the square don't even compare!! Check em out Courtney, you won't be disappointed!
                        That's the one. I couldn't remember the name.

To tell on myself...after being around my in-law's cooking I've turned into somewhat of a BBQ snob. What I used to think was good, not so much anymore.

Comment

I haven't tried the Shack in Burnet since it re-opened under new ownership. I have heard it was good but I have bad memories of the previous owners.. I will have to give it a try. There is a new place in Marble Falls that I hear is good. I think it is Holy Smokes BBQ on commerce street. Might have them for lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                            hey bob whats the scoop on, Rocky Creek BBQ, Hamilton Pool Road? hearing lots of go try?
                            Its decent. Been around for a long time. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there, but if I was hungry and in the area I would stop and eat.

Comment

Dang. I've been doing it wrong this whole time! I've been wetting up my BBQ meats all these years. Why was it there for in first place? For Yankees like myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
                                Dang. I've been doing it wrong this whole time! I've been wetting up my BBQ meats all these years. Why was it there for in first place? For Yankees like myself?
                                Yep Was made to disguise the horrible taste of so called Yankee BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X