Hay season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay season

It's late for some because of all the rains, but best of luck, be safe, and thanks to all our hay producers here on the green screen. All your hard work is much appreciated!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uE3-4MAsgc"]hay - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Files

We're still irrigating til end of June. We only get 1 cutting.
    Thankfully we don't have to cut it, just grow it.
    I agree stay safe everyone!

Comment

Depending on how much rain today, we might be able to cut end of week... Looks to be a two cutting at best year.
      Last edited by BrianL; 06-21-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I usually get 3 cuts but the rains have stopped me so far ?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          I usually get 3 cuts but the rains have stopped me so far ?
          How tall is your field??? Lol

Comment

Typical Texas to much rain to fertilize and cut. Then finally fertilize to get one good cutting then it dries out and you get to scrape the bottom of the bucket at the end.

Comment

probably 2 ft high right now ?

Comment

I have been running service calls all last week for my customers finally going strong in first cutting.

Comment

My hay is about 3 feet tall. Waiting for a call when they will cut....

Comment

Got mine bailed last week.

Comment

We got a late start due to weather but I think I’ve got ~750 put up in the last two weeks.

It’s raining today but going to move around and should put a hurting on it for the rest of the month.

Comment

I was finally able to get 70 acres cut and baled last week. If not too much rain today I’ve got another 130 acres or so that’s way past ready and almost dry enough

Comment

I have a small place in Parker county that I need cut/baled. Likely square bales will be best. Having a hard time finding someone to cut less than 10 acres. If anyone has any leads please let me know. We are in our 5th season of growing coastal and need to get a cutting done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And my wife would probably disagree on the “hard work” part lol.

Sitting on my butt with a beer cooler… isn’t easy to convince her that I’m slaving away!!

Comment

I got about 50 acres at the dairy that will make some wonderful wicker furniture…. Not so much digestible forage…. But strong chair

Comment

Working...
                              X