Plumbing issue in cabin (pex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I've got a 16x20 cabin on my place in the woods. Runs off well water. I shut everything down before the big freeze. Drained small water heater, drained pipes, shut off well breaker, shut off pipes, etc.

After the freeze, turned everything back on. No leaks. I guess since water heater was empty, shower was sputtering and spitting. Eventually started flowing correctly.

But the small sink in the bathroom next to the shower has no water. After the freeze I thought I heard some air coming out and was waiting for water to start flowing. No bueno. Checked shutoff valves under the sink. I never turned them off.

Plumbing is pex. There aren't any leaks under the cabin so I don't think I have a breakage/leak in the short 5' run between shower and sink.

Problem is, entire bathroom is walled in with plywood and I can't get to anything. Not that I would know what to do if I could. I feel like this is type of air blockage/vent issue. But can't figure out.

Here's a few posts with some basic pics of the setup:

Pex runs from Water heater to shower/toilet/sink. I don't have any pics of all the plumbing before I skinned the frame.

Thanks for any ideas.
    This might be your problem. It was the issue when my wife's washing machine quit filling

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      This might be your problem. It was the issue when my wife's washing machine quit filling
      Y'all been panning for gold?

Comment

Y'all been panning for gold?
        Water was gold during the winter on '21 [emoji846]

Comment

PBs same chit happened to my well supplied clothes washer several years before icepocalypse. I installed a well filter since then…hell…there is alot of line between well and house….I need to scrape again since after icepocalypse.

Blow the lines.

Good luck Chew.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-20-2021, 10:26 PM. Reason: BlowTheLinesChewSpake

Comment

Let me know when you plan on going back up there. If I am available or around I would gladly swing by and help troubleshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
              Let me know when you plan on going back up there. If I am available or around I would gladly swing by and help troubleshoot.
              Thanks. I appreciate that!

Comment

You still ain't got this fixed? Come on slacker......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  You still ain't got this fixed? Come on slacker......
                  My time management skills suck. I need to quit fishing and get my butt up there

Comment

Update....the aerator/screen was definitely clogged up. Took it off and water flowed. But of course nothing is ever easy for me. The cold water faucet stem is leaking and got everything wet after I ran it a while. Pulled it and it looks like the washers are maybe screwed up from freezing/thawing. Just gonna cut my losses and get another faucet.

Comment

Amazing how quick those screens can clog and not even drip, glad you found the problem

Comment

Update....the aerator/screen was definitely clogged up. Took it off and water flowed. But of course nothing is ever easy for me. The cold water faucet stem is leaking and got everything wet after I ran it a while. Pulled it and it looks like the washers are maybe screwed up from freezing/thawing. Just gonna cut my losses and get another faucet.
                        Get 2 for when it happens next time

Comment

Comment

I’ve taking them out and left them out, hard water will clog them also

Comment

If I give you the door code will you run down 7 and install the faucet on my sink at the lake?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                If I give you the door code will you run down 7 and install the faucet on my sink at the lake?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                What's the code to the beer fridge? I'm a tad dehydrated after cutting brush and being on a tractor all day. My eyelids are even sore.

Comment

Working...
                                X