Saltwater boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogheaven View Post
    Your probably right,... then there's this.

Majek 21' Redfish Line skinny run in silted in man made channel in the marsh, no sea grass whatsoever. Shot in oilfield channels on far west end of nueces bay.

As a RFL 21 owner, it isn't a great ride in bay.

Running shallow is one thing, getting up in that skinny water is another. Was told that nearly any bay/flats boat can run in **** puddle, but getting up is where most boats fail to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a JH B240 (2006 and still looks new) and it has been a great boat. I have fished from Calcasieu to Baffin in it. Not that most shallow boat but it does everything pretty well.

Comment

I run an 18ft RFL and can run and get up where most cant. One thing I have never had a problem with with my RFL. If your seeing RFL struggle to get up in skinny water either the cap doesn't know what he's doing or it doesn't have the right prop. That being said it's not what I would recommend that thing will beat your guts out in a slight chop.

My only two choices would be a Haylie cat or the Shoal water. I have ran 21 ft and the 24 ft Haylie cats and loved em. Ran skinny and pretty smooth in the rough stuff. Dont think you could go wrong with either one.

Comment

We run a 21ft shallow sport best boat we have owened and one the best I can say iv been in.

Comment

I'm cutting my teeth on a 21' Flats Cat right now

Preparing for some coastal duck hunting and adding to the WORP fleet

Just had the front rack built. 65qt fish and duck cooler, casting platform, and LED bar placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want a Cat ride in one with someone that knows how to run it. Went from Haynie Bigfoot to a 23 Cat and almost took it back before figuring out how to run it. Best boats on the market for me. Come ride on mine anytime your in Rockport.

Comment

Any recommendations for a smaller size flat or skiff. Looking to carry two people most of the time three sometimes. Will be fishing out of Port O'Connor most of three time.

Comment

Haynie

Comment

I've ran a Haynie since they began making bay boats. I have a 2014 23 Cat and it works great for what I do. Been in Shoalwater, Shallowsport,Dargel, Majek, they all have there place but not for me. Ride in them with someone that knows the boat. It takes some getting familiar with each one. Come ride in mine when you are in Rockport.

Comment

Exloder 23 tv I love the boat in rough water ect. I have always had a shallow boat. I am regretting not buying another Dargel. I miss not having to worry about how deep it is. With my Dargel Scooter, if there was water, I could go. The flip side to that is it was small and would beat your teeth out in rough water.

Comment

22' Tiburon getting up in 8" of hard sand bottom loaded.

Comment

Stoner Fury here..... Fish catching machine.... came from a Majek Extreme and hands down blows it away in every category.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fishdog187 View Post
                            I've ran a Haynie since they began making bay boats. I have a 2014 23 Cat and it works great for what I do. Been in Shoalwater, Shallowsport,Dargel, Majek, they all have there place but not for me. Ride in them with someone that knows the boat. It takes some getting familiar with each one. Come ride in mine when you are in Rockport.
                            Whats up Rhett? Didn't know you were on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishdog187 View Post
                              Ive only rode in them but never piloted one. Are you referring to running it when it gets up on plane and trimmed out good or? I wont be in the boat market for sometime cause Im happy with the Nautic star but the 23 cat is a nice rig

Originally posted by reedkj View Post
                              Stoner Fury here..... Fish catching machine.... came from a Majek Extreme and hands down blows it away in every category.
                              Did Ty rig that boat?

Comment

I think they may have never been in a better boat, I've seen majek's out in the flats and they perform well but nothing compared to a Dargel. This is why I've never mentioned them, seen to many people struggling to get on plane in the flats when the Dargel had no problem.
                                The Majek RFL is as rough as they get in choppy water but there is nothing that will run with them in shallow water that doesn't have a big motor and a propeller on the back of it.

I've been in all kinds of boats and I have seen Majek RFLs run in mud just covered with a little water that I don't think any other boat could do.

There is a reason the bottom of that hull is completely flat lol.

I owned a Dargel Scout and there is no way it would get up in some places that I have been on a RFL.

They're both too rough and too wet to even talk about unless you are talking skinny skinny.

Comment

Working...
                                X