Selling Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Lens

Beside the classified here, any suggestions on places to sell a high end lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s several camera forums I’ve been on over the years that seem to move pretty much anything camera related. Might try those I’d imagine any of them would work.

Nice lens and avatar........

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’ve been a member of fredmiranda.com for a number of years. Always had good luck buying and selling in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

2nd Fred Miranda

Comment

eBay

Comment

Price? I know someone wanting that lens.

Comment

For the newb to photography, what would be the ideal situation to use that lens?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  For the newb to photography, what would be the ideal situation to use that lens?
                  The creme of the crop for wildlife and sports. Especially with the f2.8

Comment

Awesome sports photography lens too, that large F2.8 Aperture is going to let a LOT more light in so you can use faster shutters speeds to freeze motion.

An aperture that large has to have a massive lens body and massive chunks of glass to make it work so price goes up exponentially. You can score a 150-600mm lens for around $1500 that's going to have a lot more versatility in zoom BUT those usually have an f5.6-f6.3 aperture so they let in a lot less light and image quality tends to not be as good as a lens that costs as much as a car.

Everything in photography is a tradeoff

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
                      Price? I know someone wanting that lens.

I planned on posting for 8k once I get time to take it out and get some pics.

Comment

Faster glass means higher price, always! With a 400/2.8 you can still put the Canon 2X Teleconverter on it and get an 800/5.6 if needed which is no slouch at all.

I have always wanted a fast, big telephoto lens but unless I am making enough money with it to pay for it, I can't justify it.

You will definitely sell it, you target market for it will just be a lot narrower.

Comment

Working...
                        X