No announcement yet.

Major Weather Event this Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local news seems concerning for our areas. Emergency responders already gearing up & some local schools already on early release tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      Local news seems concerning for our areas. Emergency responders already gearing up & some local schools already on early release tomorrow
      Yeah couple local businesses messaged out closing sometime between 12-2pm.

Comment

Since there is so much drama in news today, including weather guys, I'm hoping they are wrong about the tornado's. Rain is all we need in central Texas.

Comment

Glad to see the tone and tenor of this thread has shifted. Prayers that it blows over without loss of life, but not looking good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll sleep right thru it all.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
              Well that looks like it could be interesting. That’s a model forecast for the 17th, yes?
              No, that’s for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                No, that’s for tomorrow.
                That’s for next Friday the 17th

Tomorrow does now show very little freezing precip out west and near panhandle as the main storm moves east. Doubt it’s much though.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Well that looks like it could be interesting. That’s a model forecast for the 17th, yes?
                  Yes 17th

Comment

The same weather system is moving thru here tomorrow afternoon. Today we got to 61 degrees. The record high for today was 62 back in the 1930s. I hunted this afternoon after the south wind died down and it was beautiful.

Tomorrow we are looking at rain, then ice then up 12" of snow. Winter is finally getting here.

I pray the storm gets thru Texas with without any severe weather.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Storm prediction center has enlarged the moderate risk area and includes dfw. Super cells ahead of main squall line could form as early as 1p. The tornado probablility is up to 10%. They will most likely have a zone within that area of 15% by tomorrow which indicates a high likely hood of tornados. 10% is already indicative of a rich environment for mesocyclone formation. Hard to predict where a tornado is going to hit tomorrow but the ingredients are there. Keep your phone charged and handy and have a place to go and do the same for your family members. Yall be careful and vigilant and good luck
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like we are going to get a pretty good blow later today into Saturday morning. Everybody be safe.

Comment

They went ahead and zeroed in on 15% highest probability area for tornados as I mentioned they would probably do when I posted late last night. It is far east tx/north LA/south Ark kissin cousins. Still be on guard outside the 15 percentile bullseye. Eyes to the sky
                          Attached Files

Comment

Things just got serious - Frankie Macdonald posted a warning video about the storm.

Severe Thunderstorms to Hit Dallas Texas on Friday January 10, 2020 - YouTube
                            [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JSCDhBam-mo"]Severe Thunderstorms to Hit Dallas Texas on Friday January 10, 2020 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Frankie told ya first.... order your pizzas and charge your Samsung galaxy products. Love that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Frankie told ya first.... order your pizzas and charge your Samsung galaxy products. Love that guy.
                                I like the guy.....as well. But someone needs to send him some sunglasses so he don't have to squint so much. Probably bad for his eyes and will cause early crows feet...…..as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X