X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Is that legal and does it stay swampy all the time? Way less stuff in your septic but never heard of that before.
      Kevin---- out where I built...….
      No body cared...……
      My soil, was all deep Sandy loam...… drainage, was never a problem

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Kevin---- out where I built...….
        No body cared...……
        My soil, was all deep Sandy loam...… drainage, was never a problem
        Cool! I’m in black tar clay and I think it would be a problem except for the summer when the cracks get deep!

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
          Not sure I understand the propane line?
          For an outside fireplace/stove/grill.

No utilities where I’m building so it’ll be propane.
          Last edited by 3whunt; 12-14-2019, 03:17 PM. Reason: No utilities clarification

Comment

cant believe nobodys mentioned a urinal yet. i would want an extra man bathroom

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Tankless water heater. We have the Richmond 199,000 BTU model. You never run out of hot water.

Comment

Our retirement/forever home will have a backup propane generator wired into the house with an automatic switch-over. It will be big enough to run the A/C and fridge/freezers in the dead of summer after a near-by tornado takes out part of the grid.

Something like this:

Propane (LP) Home Standby Generator superstore. Huge selection of Propane Home Standby Generators. Buy Liquid Propane Home Generator Direct and save.

Comment

Where you want mounts to hang, install 1/2-34” plywood behind the Sheetrock. Can hang a mount anywhere instead of looking for a stud.

We put a connection for a tv in our shower, office and back patio and use every one.

Also, double your closet space in the master. We wish we had.

Comment

110 plug by your bathroom toilet.Be surprised how many times you actually charge your phone,and cruise TBH at the same time!![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
                        cant believe nobodys mentioned a urinal yet. i would want an extra man bathroom
                        Just saw one in a new house Put in a large “closet” off the porch near outdoor kitchen.

I put a stairway in the garage to my attic.

Comment

Hot water return line from furthest faucet in house, triple insulate hot water lines

Hot water heater located in garage cabinet

Fully decked attic space with walk in doors if your going with 2 stories, attic storage room

Double wide doors somewhere for moving furniture and appliances in easily.

Power for countertop lights under kitchen cabinets

Wet bar, built in liqour cabinet in office

Cat6/hdmi/audio/OTA coax lines for living tv

At least 8ft garage door

Designed to block hot west afternoon sun from back patio

Dual ACs, one for living, one for bedrooms

Use stairwells, closets, bathrooms on west side of house to further insulate living and bedrooms from heat

Interior safe room or safe area for tornadoes

Doorless shower, dual shower heads

Dogs or young kids - small wash area in laundry

Comment

Dont forget to start with a great drainage and a great foundation, correct dirt work, soil, and add piers to the design if it will have weight. Cant believe houses these days built on crappy soil with only a couple inches of sand brought in.

Comment

Water shutoff right at your house.

Comment

Warm water to your toilet with a built in bidet.

Comment

Working...
                                X