2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    Unfortunately, one day you probably will.
    You mean I'll get the irony of posting on this thread while at the same time saying this thread is bringing too much attention to the area?

Comment

Comment

Well, I received some bad news this evening. The wide 8 that I’ve been trying to get my wife on, was found by a worker in the stock tank this afternoon. He’d been there a few days, he was decomposed pretty bad, they couldn’t tell what had happened. He had broken off 6-7” of his left beam, so I’m assuming maybe he had been gored in a fight over a hot doe. Either way, it sucks to find out he died like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          Well, I received some bad news this evening. The wide 8 that I’ve been trying to get my wife on, was found by a worker in the stock tank this afternoon. He’d been there a few days, he was decomposed pretty bad, they couldn’t tell what had happened. He had broken off 6-7” of his left beam, so I’m assuming maybe he had been gored in a fight over a hot doe. Either way, it sucks to find out he died like that.

Dang that sucks. Hopefully another nice mature buck will come strolling in for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

Comment

Sat this afternoon after doing some tree planting and winterizing the mower. Nice quiet evening. As I am packing my stuff up I see a big deer across the neighbors hay patch. Get the binoculars on it and see nice pretty chocolate. He’d have reached our feeder alittle after shooting hours ended. Soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                Sat this afternoon after doing some tree planting and winterizing the mower. Nice quiet evening. As I am packing my stuff up I see a big deer across the neighbors hay patch. Get the binoculars on it and see nice pretty chocolate. He’d have reached our feeder alittle after shooting hours ended. Soon.
                Are you implying there's a good deer in this area of Texas? Shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

P.S. Sounds like you got a good one close by. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                  Are you implying there's a good deer in this area of Texas? Shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

P.S. Sounds like you got a good one close by. Good luck
                  yep, going to internet hell for saying that too!

Comment

corn

just a heads up, Prasek's in Sealy has 50 lb bags of corn for $4.79. limit 20.

Comment

This fog is terrible this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
                        This fog is terrible this morning!
                        I remember a couple instances over the years when I saw what looked like good bucks on foggy mornings. Clear enough to peak your interest, but foggy enough to where you couldn't confirm and/or shoot

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                          I remember a couple instances over the years when I saw what looked like good bucks on foggy mornings. Clear enough to peak your interest, but foggy enough to where you couldn't confirm and/or shoot

Funny how that works aint it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One of my target bucks was in the pen for about 15 minutes this morning and couldn’t see him due to the fog. Pulled the camera card and there he was. Thats my luck so far this year.

Comment

Checked my cams this evening after sitting and not seeing a think. Shooter buck was there this morning in the fog. That’s hunting.

Comment

Well... I guess that proves that point.

I sat yesterday evening for about three hours and didn't see anything. Go to get out of the stand, and a deer snorts and runs off. All you can do is laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X