No bait public land hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
    This this and more of this. I changed my strategy up this year by trying to learn from those guys. It’s paid off twice so far.

I stopped looking for “good looking” spots and started looking for sign. Hunt where the deer sign is the most and people sign is the least. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Got into this show and its changed my game for sure

Comment

How would you hunt a piece of public that's 5000 plus acres that's exactly the same thick thick habitat?

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        How would you hunt a piece of public that's 5000 plus acres that's exactly the same thick thick habitat?
        Start at water features. Creeks rivers lakes. Something they have to cross. The water soil difference will grow different brush... there will be the “edge” that will provide cover

Comment

Lowfence I'm sending you a PM

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJTMvwL-EpE"]HOW TO FIND BUCKS DOWN SOUTH! - Mississippi Scouting Workshop Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM2fnO_hH-8"]SCOUTING PINE THICKETS FOR BUCKS - Mississippi Scouting Workshop Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That’s a good one above. Also a good, “hunting tall timber” episode.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Its called hunting, something lost with "hunters" these days.

You have after season scouting(Jan-Feb), before season scouting(March-Sept) and in season scouting. When you scout, you aren't just looking for deer sign, but people sign.
                As mentioned above, embrace scouting, its your friend.

One more thing, don't rely on luck, that creature does not exist.
                Hit the nail on the head. A lot of what I hear & read about seems more like "deer ranching" than "deer hunting".

Comment

Get on Google earth and scout the crap out of it that way. You can zoom in close enough to find waters to see trails see topography. You outta be able to pick out bedding areas and stuff like that. Then go ground check it.

Comment

Those THP boys are beasts! They kill some monsters.

Comment

JMKro, I've never seen those videos thanks man

Comment

JMKro, I've never seen those videos thanks man
                        Yes sir.

Comment

We should petition THP to come to Texas for the 2020 Deer Tour

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                            We should petition THP to come to Texas for the 2020 Deer Tour
                            I’d love that.

Comment

I would love watching them hunt the big thicket. Somehow I still feel they could get it done them or dan infalt

Comment

Here is what I have done the last couple of years. I have invested in trail cameras. Before the season begins, I go into an area I want scout. I look it over to find where I believe deer might be traveling. I then place my trail cameras. When I place my cameras, I always place them high, I don't want them stolen. I usually take (1) climbing stick with me to get the camera up about 10-12 feet. This will tell me if deer are actually moving through the area.

Here is something I have paid attention to and you really can't discount how important it is. Before rifle season begins, you will get a much more consistent pattern. Less hunting pressure. Take a few days and just watch. Don't hunt. You will see where they are traveling in the morning. Then at night. I had a spike come to my tree (2) nights in a row at the exact same time from same direction.

Something else I have in my arsenal is a thermal monocular. It has allowed me to see deer that I never would have known where there in the past. Scanning with my thermal is an absolute game changer.

Comment

Working...
                                X