No announcement yet.

2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing lots of does with no bucks in sight.
    Lots of scrapes being made though.
    Couple more weeks on this end probably.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
      Seeing lots of does with no bucks in sight.
      Lots of scrapes being made though.
      Couple more weeks on this end probably.

I still saw them bachelored up last weekend. Hoping this full moon and front will get em going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I ended up seeing the buck I saw yesterday afternoon during yesterday evening's hunt. He made a scrape about 50 yards away from the stand. I tried grunting when he started walking away, but all he did was stand there and look for the source of the noise. Luckily, he didn't snort or run off, so hopefully I didn't weird him out too much. Probably the biggest deer I've personally seen while hunting. Of course, my biggest buck only scored 115" (), but I'm pretty sure this one would beat that. Even had a sticker point off one of his tines. Never seen one of those before in person. Big body too.

Comment

Last week on my drive between Madisonville and Brenham I saw 4 deer that had been hit by cars. On my other 20 trips since May I ve seen 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Last week on my drive between Madisonville and Brenham I saw 4 deer that had been hit by cars. On my other 20 trips since May I ve seen 0.

They are definitely becoming more active lately. Ive seen a noticeable amount of deer the last week on 1094 while heading into work.

Comment

Anyone seen any rutting activity? I hunted last Tuesday (morning & evening) and didn't notice any of the deer acting frisky. I saw the deer I want to shoot during the evening hunt, but he was out of range again. I'll probably sit a few times this week. Last hoorah before gun season starts.

Comment

No rut activity yet. Neighbors started shooting guns this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                  Anyone seen any rutting activity? I hunted last Tuesday (morning & evening) and didn't notice any of the deer acting frisky. I saw the deer I want to shoot during the evening hunt, but he was out of range again. I'll probably sit a few times this week. Last hoorah before gun season starts.

Had a nice 8 dogging a doe on Saturday. He was paying no mind to his surroundings when he ran 40 yards from us while on the porch watching football and chatting. So im pretty sure its starting to get fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                    Had a nice 8 dogging a doe on Saturday. He was paying no mind to his surroundings when he ran 40 yards from us while on the porch watching football and chatting. So im pretty sure its starting to get fired up.

We had one that paid zero attention to the ladies, and my son killed an 8 that had his neck stretched out, hounding a doe. I don’t think she was ready for all of that, but he was sure enough interested. It’s getting close for sure

Comment

Checked cameras when I arrived this evening, and have a couple bucks that I haven’t seen on camera this year. 2 look like decent mature deer, but every video I have is a deer on a mission, so it’s hard to get a good look. Taking my wife out in the morning, trying to get her her first buck...good luck to everyone in our area this weekend

Comment

Anyone have any luck this past weekend? It's looking like this upcoming weekend is going to be nice weather as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                          Anyone have any luck this past weekend? It's looking like this upcoming weekend is going to be nice weather as well.
                          Just rolled into Bellville, gonna grab a few hours of sleep before taking my wife out and trying to get her connected with her first buck. I have one real good looking high and tight and one wide sucker with no brows that I hope decide to step out in the morning. Either one will get a 7mm-08 to the chest, so I’m a little amped up to say the least 😁

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            Just rolled into Bellville, gonna grab a few hours of sleep before taking my wife out and trying to get her connected with her first buck. I have one real good looking high and tight and one wide sucker with no brows that I hope decide to step out in the morning. Either one will get a 7mm-08 to the chest, so I’m a little amped up to say the least [emoji16]

Good luck with em! Hope one or both shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              Good luck with em! Hope one or both shows up.

So far just a young 8 pt...came out just after daybreak and cut a doe away from the group and chased her off down into the creek. But it’s a beautiful morning anyways

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X