Need some advice on purchasing a new lap top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice on purchasing a new lap top

The wife wants a new Lap top. I’m not looking to break the bank. We have had a Apple for the past 15 years. Really don’t need anything like that anymore. Were both in our 60s. We use it for mainly pay bills, Amazon and ordering groceries. She has some kind of craft machine that needs one to run. Thats about it. What would you experts advise for say under 600.00. Are there people that still put them together Vs a factory made one.

Is there a reason she wants a laptop over a desktop? We have a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop and a Lenovo all-in-one desktop. Enjoying both of them so far.

Former Apple customers

Comment

Amazon usually has some good deals on refurbished Dells. I bought one last year and have been pleased with it.

Comment

We bought my son a 15” Lenovo Chromebook with 4gb RAM. It has been a great laptop. Very fast since it isn’t bogged down by Windows. $400

I got my wife a 15” ASUS laptop with 8GB RAM. It’s been excellent, very fast and reliable. $660.

For the money I’ve been very very impressed with the Chromebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a thread I started a while back.

Comment

Reason gor a lap top we can be mobile with it

Comment

my last 2 have been Asus and both worked great.

Comment

Duel Band Wireless Card is a must if you have hi speen access. Three out of four of our computers are going to the shop to be updated.....

Comment

I just bought one from New Egg. New laptop with some custom add ons. Got a lot more ram and larger ssd drive for a cheaper price then everywhere else. It's an Asus and I paid $660 but finding one else where with the same stats were in the $1000 to $1500 range.

Comment

Changing for Apple back to a Microsoft or Chrome is gona hurt.

Are you sure you want to stick to a $600 laptop?

Does it have to be a laptop?

For the budget, why not a Mac-mini?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      Changing for Apple back to a Microsoft or Chrome is gona hurt.

Are you sure you want to stick to a $600 laptop?

Does it have to be a laptop?

For the budget, why not a Mac-mini?
                      Agreed.

The base model M1 macbook air is an absolute beast, and sips battery. My wife charges hers every other day, and it handles everything she throws at it(including running a vinyl cutter) without so much as blinking.

Comment

I have never had a Macbook or any apple PC, just the iPhone. Are there any issues or difficulties running MS Word, Excel, or other Microsoft software applications with Macbooks? Sinc emost of the business world uses PCs and Microsoft software, I don't want to get a laptop that has compatibility issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                          I have never had a Macbook or any apple PC, just the iPhone. Are there any issues or difficulties running MS Word, Excel, or other Microsoft software applications with Macbooks? Sinc emost of the business world uses PCs and Microsoft software, I don't want to get a laptop that has compatibility issues.
                          I have word, Excell, PDF Max and countless others on my iPads and use them everyday.

Comment

Working...
                          X