No announcement yet.

Vegas during COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a customer who was there from this past Thursday through Sunday. I talked to him yesterday and he told me it was elbow to elbow and an absolute zoo. Lines to get into restaurants were very long as due to Covid they are still not at 100% capacity.
    He felt with things starting to open up, people are just flocking to Vegas to "get away".

Comment

I went in early March and it was way different than the past. The amount of weed being smoked openly on the strip was ridiculous and the clientele was also much different....cheap rooms I guess?? Masks were required and reservations required for all of the nicer restaurants (reserve early or they will fill up). I am going again this Monday for a quick 2 day trip so hoping things are a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My cousin is/was a frequent Vegas visitor. Talked to him last weekend when I visited his sister who is on hospice, and he had gotten back the week before. Said he won’t be returning until this is over. He is a smoker, and said that they required that he keep his mask on even while smoking. He was a little confused, asked how he was supposed to smoke while wearing a mask they replied “you can slide it up/down to inhale, but as soon as you inhale, the mask must come back over your mouth” 😂 needless to say, he headed back to the room, switched flights, and came home he said the drinking he could understand, but having to exhale into his mask was where he drew the line

I did take the chance to tell him that it would be a good reason to cut back on his nicotine habit...he didn’t think I was funny

Comment

What does a round trip cost now to Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
            I went in early March and it was way different than the past. The amount of weed being smoked openly on the strip was ridiculous and the clientele was also much different....cheap rooms I guess?? Masks were required and reservations required for all of the nicer restaurants (reserve early or they will fill up). I am going again this Monday for a quick 2 day trip so hoping things are a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that weed stores are everywhere now.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
              https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=Vegas

Read thread. Looks like recommendation is dont go yet.
              Yeah I was to OP of that thread - if you are already booked to go then I suggest making restaurant reservations NOW. Also to get to the pool at the hotels you most likely will have to either rent a cabana or sign up early to get in. If you are going on a weekend it will be crowded as heck and not necessarily with the people you would typically want to hang out with. Lots of crazies for sure.

Comment

We will be going during the week.
                We are staying 4 nights at the Venetian, with flight and hotel it was $750 for both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

note the day and time lower left....Vegas time....yes this id downtown, but that crowd is pretty massive and to me has a lot of ?must avoid" element to it

you are better off during the week

rental cars can be a MAJOR issue to get especially at the airport.....I believe last I saw only 60% of Uber request were being met so be prepared to take a cab and WAIT for it

you would probably be better off with a Presidential Limo/Car Service especially on the weekend and then getting a car from a hotel location if you need one

there are a LOT of trashy people around the Flamingo/Paris area and the scooter gangs are out there and even in the hotels some

the CZR properties seem to have horrible service for checking and you want a hotel that is still checking room keys to get in the elevators or you can have a risk of trashy randos on your floor at all hours of the day and night

restaurants are PACKED lines are long.....gambling odds are not good

you have to watch out for hotel closings during mid week especially CZR and MGM properties so if you are there for part of the weekend and into the week well you might not get what you booked....IE they will book you into another hotel even if the reservation says otherwise when you make it

Comment

They make you wear a mask....... ban them for life ...... never going back there

Thought that I would go ahead through the GS thoughts out there

Comment

Wife just got back, had a large time with her sister..
                      No worries.. Pretty normal Vegas Aside from the Masks

Comment

solo
                        did yall end up going to vegas? how was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                          solo

Yes we did. It really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only time we were “required” to mask up was the lobby of the hotel. Although a few people on the street said something about us not wearing a mask but they were just stupid lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                            solo
                            Its back to being crazy now.. No mask, 100 percent capacity and more people than before the pandemic. I cant wait to go back in October.. Only thing is still make restaurant reservations because they are still short on workers because of the Unemployment and stuff.

Comment

I'm ready! I booked everything for our Annual NFR trip this past week... Fountain / Strip view at Caesars here we come..

Comment

Working...
                              X